1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying in a foreign city... solo gaybar trip?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by srslywtf, Aug 2, 2013.

1. srslywtf

I'm staying in a new city tonight as a stopover on a long drive, I'm thinking about hitting up the gaybar here as I'm too scared to go to the one in my own city!

Its only a little town, but it has a dedicated place!

Ill go in for a drink and maybe run away, but hey.. wish me luck? :icon_bigg

2. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha! A quick adventure begins! I am kind of jealous...

Good luck! Just don't do anything stupid though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Dalmatian

I've been in gay bars a few times and every time far away from home. There's a lot to be said for anonimity :slight_smile: Sometimes you wanna go where not a soul knows your name Cheers! :grin: Have fun.

4. srslywtf

Sooo i chickened out... BUT! To make up i got a new phone, capable of running all 'those' apps... so far its vvveeery interesting!

5. srslywtf

I met up with a guy in a country town I was staying in last night :slight_smile:

Nothing suss, just hung out, he showed me around. I am very into this particular app.

#5 srslywtf, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
  6. Night

Night Guest

I see what you did there.

7. BudderMC

Just so we're clear, there's a reason the censor on app/site names exists - and it's not so you can try to bypass it.

Be respectful of it, please. If you have concerns about it, feel free to discuss it with the staff.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Funny. On a long road trip, I went into one for the first time. It was no big deal. Being in a more conservative part of the country, the only thing that worried me was getting to and from my parked car at a late hour. That's a valid concern. Anyway, I went in, had a few Sprites, struck up a few conversations, and then some - after that. Did I feel bad about it, or cheapened by it, or even guilty? No. I think most people go through a "strike while the iron's hot" stage. It's not a judgment one way or the other. A few years earlier, I would have never thought I would do that.