1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Chik-fil-A in my town...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aburahamu, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Aburahamu

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So there's a new Chik-fil-A in my town and my parents will probably take me there. What should I do? I feel like I'm betraying everyone in the LGBT community when I eat there.:help:

2. LD579

If it really is such a big deal, either say you really don't like the food and would rather eat somewhere else, or don't eat anything once you're there. Just because you eat there doesn't mean you support what they say, though, especially in such circumstances. It may be best to not overly worry about such a thing.

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coincidence, there's one in my town under construction too. Weird lol, I literally hadn't even heard of Chick Fil A before the whole anti-gay controversy. There's never been one around here before.

4. blueberrymuffin

Correct me if wrong, but i believe last year they stopped making donations to bigoted companies and religious groups. Whether that means they should be forgiven is up to the individual. Personally i find it disingenuous and that they did it just to open in places like Chicago. You don't have to be gay to boycott them though. Many allies refuse to eat there, so you could just say you don't agree with their political views.