1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this bad?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Doshyboi, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

I've only dated a few people and dumped the majority due to not being into them... Is that bad?

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What would be bad is stringing those people along under the pretense that you are 'trying to figure things out.'

Cruel to be kind, you can't make the heart want what the heart doesn't want

3. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

The last guy I dated for a month :C
    I feels bad about it. But I think I did figure it out why I've been doing it.
    Ever since my first boyfriend i've been this way. I think it's cos that's how he dumped me. Everything seemed lovey dovey and then BOOM txt dumped... And this was like over 5 years ago.

Think I may finally be over it... I hope

4. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you just haven't found the right guy yet.

5. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

There is no such thing as the right guy. It either works or it doesn't.

6. LD579

That may be true in a sense, but I'm just wondering about your dating patterns. Where do you find these people? Are you going into the relationships intrigued, or just bored? Are you expecting something, expecting nothing, or what? How long do these relationships generally last? Do you move on quickly?

Relationships require some sort of connection, but they also require work. It doesn't just happen to be super awesome instantly. Sometimes it can, but... Well, I ask those questions above rhetorically so that you can reflect and get a sense of what you're doing in these relationships. If you can see something repetitive, maybe that's a sign that you should look at this all differently.

7. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

Well luthan that's the thing I wana make a connection but nothing pulls my hart strings. I move on fast and leave people in the dust.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is something to be said for "failing fast" and not stringing things along, but the question is, are you rushing to judgment?

Are you sure it won't work? What attracted you to them in the first place? Part of the purpose of dating is to see that person in different contexts, see how they act. Are they kind to others or rude? How are they with money and anger for example; how are they when drunk?

It takes a while to get to know someone, so perhaps you need to be somewhat more discriminating when embarking on a relationship in the first place...there are always clues, even in the beginning.

9. Doshyboi

Doshyboi Guest

I always rush judgement. I judge all people same. First impression and then second impressions and then that's it I've judge.
    I know it won't work cos I feel it. I trust my feelings more than anyone.
    Umm IDK probably the need for sex attracted me to them first.
    I'd never date someone who was rude u.u I cannot stand rudeness. Also momma has opinions which I listen to. They are usually crap with money. None of them have been angry people. And most of the time they'er alright when drunk.

All my friends have liked my boyfriends too.