1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I make a mistake

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by igoloo2946, Aug 5, 2013.

1. igoloo2946

So a couple of months ago I told my best friend, Matt, that I'm gay, (but I don't like him or anything). He was o.k. with it and supported me, and never tried to push me into telling other people. Our friendship was normal for that time until I started acting a little flamboyant, and I guess he got a little uncomfortable. So I decided to tell another one of my friends I'm gay so I could talk to them about my feelings, but that was a mistake because that friend would always make fun of me and judge me all the time. Im just going to stop here because I don't feel like going down memory lane. Its just that this summers been really hard on me because to be honest I really don't have many friends and I've gotten really depressed from being all alone. Yesterday I told Matt that I don't want to be friends anymore, I don't know why but it just felt like it would be easier to start my first year of high school by myself than having to worry everyone with my depression.

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think we need to know more about your friend Matt is like, but for now I think you might have made a mistake by saying 'I don't want to be friends anymore', perhaps something better to have said was something like, 'let's take a break' would've been better.

Good luck

3. LD579

Is there a reason why you don't want to be Matt's friend anymore? It doesn't seem like he's treated you badly or anything, and so it may not be fair to him at all. There's nothing wrong with not having many friends, especially when going into a new school (High school, in your case), but it could be said that there's something wrong with cutting off a friend (A best friend, in your case) without any real reason. You two are friends for a reason. I don't think he'd let you go that easily.

I don't want to presume too much, but some people, when depressed and/or down, tend to isolate themselves. This can include things like pushing away friends or people. In most situations, it's in these people's best interests to not push people away. Without further justification, I'd think you shouldn't push Matt away.

4. igoloo2946

I think your right, I've been really akward and lonely this summer. I need to stop doing stupid things like that. :bang: Thank you Luthan, I just needed someone to explain things, and bring me back to my senses.
    Btw, he replied back asking if everything was alright and said that he was there for me