1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask if I can buy a pride bracelet?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MtnFr3sh, Aug 5, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, I don't know where I can buy one in a store or something.

My mom finally accepted it, she still wants me to learn to defend myself before I completely come out, which is reasonable, she's no longer blaming herself. But I would like a bride wristband or bracelet or something. I just don't know how to ask :/ And it's probably gonna be a bit awkward

2. Nick07

Hi,
    if you don't want to ask, what about making one? There are tips on the internet, I am sure. For a start, you can buy several colorful leather strings and tie them together.

I am not sure how accepting your town is though. I haven't heard many nice things about Texas when it comes to that, so do consider your mother's worries and stay safe.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it can be a bit awkward asking your parents to buy a pride wristband, but I am absolutely glad I did buy one. I would say something along the lines of "I really like this bracelet/wristband". For where to buy one, I bought mine at Spencer's (A store similar to Hot Topic, but sells some other um, 18+ stuff) , but you could get one there, of if you have a credit card you could buy one online, as long as the site is safe. :slight_smile: Also I know that feeling of having an protective mother, I probably should learn some self defense stuff just in case, but anyways, hope you find what you're looking for. ^__^