1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I tell this without putting people off?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shy, Aug 6, 2013.

1. shy

shy

Uhm... where to begin?
    Since I'm trying to keep this short it may sound a bit... cold? harsh? whatever...

Beginning with my past: When I was about 12 years old I was stalked and molested by another guy. Since then no man could ever touch me in a sexual way; I wouldn't let them.

--> fast forward to about 2 weeks ago -->

There's now this guy... He's really cute, not just from the outside, he's really nice and when we first met I felt... save. I hadn't thought this to be possible but I did. Actually I think this could be someone it was worth overcoming all my fears of being abused again.
    I'm pretty sure I'll take more time than the average guy getting through to and since I want to be honest with him I need to tell him what happened. But how on earth should I tell him about this without... well... including things like "never touch me" or "just in case: you'll never make it through to me"? :help:

Unfortunately he's leaving somewhen around 15th to the USA (we're both swiss) for the next semester.:bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then there's not a minute to lose. It's an opportunity to be vulnerable and to explain your reticence and the reasons behind it. If he is worth anything, he will understand and respect your boundaries.

Too bad he's leaving though...so strike while the iron is hot!!