1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction and other confusions

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by davaa, Aug 7, 2013.

1. davaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I began dating, I've identified as lesbian. Recently I've been questioning myself and trying to understand myself better. If you read my other posts you know that I am confused about if I like guys or not. Anyway basically I have been reflecting a bit and I can't ever remember likingguys the way I like girls. It's mostly wanting them to be attracted to me and like me. Where with girls I'll wonder how she kisses or what a relationship with her is like. This brings me to what I really wanna ask. I know everyone wants to be considered attractive by other person's but I feel like I'm making it rule my life and that it contributes to why I have this confusion about myself.

I don't know if I'm comfortable with myself or love myself. like I asked myself if i love myself and i just came up with I don't know.

I feel like when i see an attractive guy the only thing I want him to do is like me. I don't know why. When I see an attractive girl I do want her to like me yes but I'm more concerned with just being blank and admiring her beauty and on occassions when I know her or even with some celebs I wonder what it would be like to have relationships with them.

But really, how do you stop wanting everyone to just like you ? weird question huh ? I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say here because it doesn't seem like I can formulate the sentences properly. :bang:

2. Nick07

Hi,
    like you... like liking your personality or your look?

If you want to be friends with them and want them to like you as a person, it can be because it makes you feel safe (you become part of the group - if they like you, they won't fight you).
    Or maybe it's just a bit stronger self-conceit (it just makes your ego feel good)

3. davaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey, like as in how i look. as in be attracted to me.

4. Nick07

I am on a thin ice here. But perhaps you don't have much selfconfidence and the fact that others letting you know that they like you, boost up your confidence a bit.

If you think that could be the case, try to work on it and try not to be dependable on other people when it comes to your confidence and believing in yourself *hug*

5. davaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've been wondering if it's that. i'm so preoccupied with wanting other people to like me. but i'm not sure how to work on it.