1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too shy and awkward to kiss her!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laura27, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello everyone,

So this isn't a really serious topic, but it's on my mind all the time and it's 'too gay' to put on a forum of a regular website (I've tried posting topics like this, but in my experience the readers have to adjust to the fact that I'm not a guy and thus a lesbian, leaving the question unanswered).

I've been dating a really, really cute girl. She's so beautiful and smart and amazing that I feel awkward and shy around her. We're going on our fifth date (this fact makes me certain that she likes me, otherwise you wouldn't go on many dates, right?) and nothing has happened yet. The last date ended again, with nothing, because I'm just an awkward, naive girl sometimes,

We were waiting on the bus. She smiled at me and said that she could take the next bus instead of the bus that was in front of us. I was oblivious to her intentions, frowned and told her there was nothing more to do in the village where I live. She said nothing (she's just as shy as I am, shyer I think) hugged me and hopped on the bus. When she left I could slap myself in the face, I'm such a dork sometimes!

How do I get over my shyness and awkwardness? How do people date awesome, cute people? They make me so nervous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Everyone that has experienced their first kiss, how to go about?

2. LD579

Heh, I wish I could help you, but I may not be the best to do so. With that said, you could always just ask her. "Do you mind/Is it okay if I kiss you?" It may be a bit awkward, but you guys know each other fairly quite well at this point. I doubt it'd deter her from you. If anything, it'd be endearing and sweet, I'd think =)

As for the kiss itself, it may be a bit sloppy, but I guess it can take practice and such. I would say you shouldn't worry about this, and that it'll all be fine.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best way to have your first kiss is to not overthink it, just go for it! I'm sure that by this time you're comfortable in each other's company so it'll help to ease some of the awkwardness. The next time you hug goodbye, lean in for a kiss (even just a quick peck on the lips). If she wants it too, she'll also move closer and voila! Good luck :thumbsup:

4. you dont have to kiss her on the lips first. you could give her a quick peck on the cheek to say goodbye/hello next time, that way shell know you want to be closer if that makes sense? cheek kisses are nowhere near as nerve wrecking as the others, might help you ease into it a little?

5. rika

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, sometimes you need to work your way up to a kiss. So just try and make more physical contact - like hold her hand or arm a little if possible, or hug her more often, or for a few seconds longer. Another thing you can do which is actually very intimate is if you're sitting across her or next to her and talking, just touch her hand with your fingers lightly - do it very casually, but if she looks at you or reacts in any way, just smile at her. It's basically going to tell her you find her attractive/want to touch her and you're comfortable with it.

Just start off with small things like that, playing with her hair, sitting a little closer, touching her cheek to brush something off it, stuff like that will make you more comfortable with getting the courage to kiss her eventually, because you'll see from her reaction that she wants it too.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually suggest Luthan's approach. Ask her. "I'm really terrible at this stuff, but I'd really like to kiss you. Would that be OK?" And if you don't think you can get the words out, text her. Yes, even though she's sitting right next to you. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think all the good advice has been taken but.... AWWWWWW this is the CUTEST thing EVER!!!

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I am really shy too but another way around it is, if that situation happens again and you let her go, then you can always text her (assuming you have her number) and say 'I am such a chicken, I so wanted to give you a kiss goodnight but I chickened out' and send a virtual one or something and then she might respond and say its ok or something and then next time it might give you the bit of courage you need.

9. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the advice everyone :slight_smile:

It still hasn't happened yet but I'm okay with that. We went on our fifth date yesterday. Every time I tried to move closer (not even to kiss her, just to hold her hand or touch her arm) she seemed to get nervous and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I only hugged her goodbye before I got on the train. She told me afterwards she likes me more everytime she sees me, so I do not worry about it anymore. The date was really fun! I am so in love with her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: