1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I doubt this makes any sense, but what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by unknown17050, Aug 7, 2013.

1. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
  2. LD579

It kind of makes sense, but the last line just seems like a way to reinforce to others that it's okay to be in denial... =/

3. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    The main reason I think he does not know what he is talking about. Plus I am a full 100% supporter that Sexual Orientation has nothing to do with Romantic feelings.

4. LD579

The beginning makes sense, though. To draw a parallel and explain, he kind of says: if one were to have sexual experiences with some sort of sex toy, they may get aroused at the thought of it. It doesn't mean they're sexually attracted to the toy, though. That's what the guy was saying. But then he goes on to extrapolate and explain and expand on... interesting thoughts, and essentially say that if you don't want to be gay, then you can choose not to be. I disagree with that, so yeah. Hm...

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's total BS.

Just a clever way of "explaining" those feelings of same-sex arousal (a result of childhood experiences) without actually saying you're gay.

This line says it all: "Those not wanting to identify as gay should not think they are obligated to do so simply because they experience some same-sex desire."

So wrong on so many levels....

6. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I agree that there is so much wrong with this. It just sounds stupid. I'm glad I am not alone.