1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Iceman110295, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Iceman110295

Its been a while since i been on here because i thought my situation was getting since i came out to one of my friends but i guess it didn't since i went back to visited my old town in kansas. My bro keep on asking me why i don't be in church like i should be but i just say i don't care. the one thing i will not do is come out to my brothers but the thing is i don't like the gay view on the church and that why i don't go to church allot. so i guess my question is should i care about the church since they have negative views on gay marriage

2. JustAnotherSoul

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, faith and religion (or lack there of) are totally a personal choice. I don't believe that anyone has the right to tell anyone else what to believe or how to practice that belief. Basically, it comes down to what you believe about God or higher powers, and how you want to worship (if you do at all).

If you don't believe in the version of Christianity that you were raised in, or you don't identify with your particular denomination, then there is no reason you should attend that church except to maybe appease your family if that's what you decide you want to do.

I was raised Roman Catholic in a very liberal diocese. I didn't even know the Catholic church opposed homosexuality until I came out! But when I started really thinking about it, I realized that I don't really identify with the Catholic church anymore. That's okay. I'm currently considering looking into either a more liberal Christian denomination or possibly Buddhism.

Does that answer your question?

3. justjade

It's up to you, man. I personally do not go even though I was raised Christian. I don't like the way the church views things like sexual preference and gender identity either. Being a transman, I'd probably be ostracized even if I did go. If you don't want to go, you don't have to. Don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't want to do. If you want to give it another shot, though, I say go for it. But churches are, well, churchy.

4. pippi

I am fortunate to have a lbgt church in my city. I stopped going to the church I am a member of, because I'm tired off all the negative views on homosexuality. I do believe in God, and I don't think that God doesn't love me or accept me just the way I am. God loves us all....just the way we are. I wish other people could just realize that!

5. Munyal

I think everyone has the right to believe what they want to, or not believe anything at all. I don't see why anyone should be forced to go to church.

6. Iceman110295

im sorry that i couldn't get back sooner but thx to all that help me with my situation im glad to have a community like this to help me in bad times. I was thinking about it and i believe that i should just do what my heart tell me to maybe when i go back to Seattle i can find a church that believe in excepting all sexuality