1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am more gay stereotype than I first thought

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I was speaking to my boyfriend and he said that I am very camp and would be spotted as a gay guy from a mile off. Its kinda made me feel weird since I just dress and act the way I want to naturally.

So I always dress kinda emo, band shirts (like Paramore, New Found Glory, Rise Against, Say Anything etc.) , skinny pants (either red or black) or bondage pants (tartan pants with zips and stuff on them) or sometimes just a nice pair of jeans. I always do my hair (sometimes dyed blue or red), unually have a hoodie out of my flat, I always have shoes like converse, vans etc. on.

The worst thing is my voice, I heard a recording and my voice is alot higher than in my head , it actually sounds well gay.

2. swimmertriangle

That's alright! Stereotypes are overrated anyways. I know people who's voices fit the gay stereotype who are actually straight. And some people, like me, have voices that fit the stereotype who actually ARE gay.
    I actually am more gay stereotype than I like to admit, so I wouldn't let it bother you. Once you embrace it, it'll become the norm.

3. AmityRanch

Actually, a lot of straight guys at my school dress similarly to what you describe.

With a lot of the different subcultures teens have created in this day and age, you can't really assign certain looks to sexuality. :slight_smile:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't worry, it's long been established that everyone who dresses emo is gay, especially when they say they aren't gay! Rule of the playground and all!

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound pretty cute. :slight_smile: But yeah, that would ping my gaydar absolutely.

6. RainyViolinist

You pretty much described how I dress and sound :lol:. We could be brothers! But seriously, minus the voice part, I don't really think that would make someone look gay. It's sounds more emo to me than gay. I would think that gay people dressed more in bright, seizure-inducing colors or look like they popped out of a J. Crew catalogue, but what do I know, I haven't really seen the world yet.