1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I deal with anger and stress?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Over the last month or so I've become very short tempered. I'm trying to get used to my new job, deal with my friends, and Ive been depressed because I hate being single while I watch my two best friends get stolen away from me by their girlfriends. It seems like any little thing sets me off. I nearly came out to my dad this morning because I was already angry and he was asking me about girls.

Any idea on how I should deal with this?

2. Joanne

I was in a similar position as you last year, then I discovered mindfulness meditation, really has turned my life around :slight_smile:

If your interested I'll be happy to provide you with some information to send you in the right direction to explore this possibility for yourself

3. Wells

Wells Guest

I experience this too... I don'y have any advice though, sorry :frowning2:

4. BooksJeansTea

Take control of yourself and your own emotions. You can't control all those other people you were talking about. (You're not really angry at those girls, are you? Your friends made a choice that you didn't like and you likely feel abandoned. You can't control that but you can explain how you feel nicely and ask them to make some time for you once in a while).

5. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I did tell them. They said they would hang out with me more, it never happens.

Its not only my friends. Its everything, and its making me really sad all of the time and I become angry because I just want to be happy again.

6. BooksJeansTea

I wish I could help you more. It might help you to look for new friends to spend some time with. I met great friends after my high school friends and I grew apart. People really start to change in their early twenties and you'll find that you have more in common with different kinds of people than you did before. Maybe it's time to broaden your social circle beyond that comfortable little group.

Sounds like you're in a funk. If I could pull you out of it, I would but you'll have to do that on your own. I will, however, offer a hug! :slight_smile: (*hug*)