1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had an argument with a friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Noivern, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was my birthday on Saturday and I went out with my 2 friends. I wanted to go to place B, but they wanted to go to place A which was fine because it was closer and we didn't have to get another bus. We got to place A and it was horrible. Me and my friend wanted to go to place B but my other friend didn't. We tried to guilt trip her, and in the end, she got 4 drinks and said if we drank them (which we did) she would come with us.

We got to place B and everyone was happy. Me and my friend said that we will pay for my other friends drinks and the taxi home for her because she never had no money and we were all having a good time. Around 1am, she said she wanted to go home but we wanted to stay. We told her that we will walk her to the taxi and give her the money to go home, but she said she didn't want to go on her own. I was drunk then and had a mini argument with her and she started to get upset. After the club closed, we were sitting outside and my 2 friends had a biggish argument with each other about what I argued with her about earlier but on a bigger scale and about other things that have been happening between them. They both were crying and the one that wanted to go home ran off. I ran after her and managed to calm her and my other friend down.

When I sobered up the next day, I talked to my other friend about it and said that I feel really guilty and that I want to apolgoise because I was really selfish but she said I didn't do anything wrong. I did say sorry to her later on and that I didn't mean to upset her, but she replied "It's fine... I am glad it's over now but I am not going out with both of you for a while :/ ." I have no idea on how to respond to that. It seems that she still is annoyed with me and I don't know what else I can do. I have known her for about 4 years and we don't have many arguments and this is the biggest argument we have had. I would have never went out if I knew this would happen.

Forgot to mention that her boyfriend is away for 2 weeks which didn't help. I feel like a crappy and selfish friend :frowning2:

2. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, she told you that she wanted space.

So respect her wishes and give her some time and what not to sort it out before you contact her again.

Sounds like there are things going on between her and your other friend, so I suppose the alcohol brought those issues out.