1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to subtlety show you're gay?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChristianHipstr, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ChristianHipstr

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some subtle sign to let gay and bi guys know I am too. I don't act gay, I'm kind of a burly and have a baritone voice with no lisp or anything. Nothing about me fits stereotypes or screams gay. Even my grandma is just now starting to wonder why I dye my hair and have mostly female friends... I don't want the whole world to know, but just something subtle enough for people that know what to look for will see. I'm thinking of buying or making a pride bracelet or necklace, but I'd have no problem getting an ear pierced or anything lol. What is a subtle sign that is easily accessible for purchase?

Also... I guess this is relative to what I'm asking. But I'd see myself as the more submissive one in a relationship, but I haven't done anything to verify, it just feels right when I think of it. So if I make a move on a guy, would that be making any indication otherwise?

2. BornInTexas

Making a Pride bracelet would be the easiest, yet subtle sign, and you could always tell the people you don't want to know it was a friendship bracelet made by your friend. I made my own, thanks to a member on here. :slight_smile:

I can't help you too much with the relationship part. I have no experience with it what-so-ever. However, I hear the most effective way to form a relationship beyond friendship is to make new friends who may be gay or bi.

Hope this helps you.

3. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a Pitfall t-shirt and on it the character has a rainbow trailing behind him. I don't know that I ever noticed the rainbow when I got it last year, but now I definitely think about it when I wear the shirt. It has to do with some sort of specialty mode in the game. Been years since I played it so I am not 100% sure on it. Anyway I see that as a subtle way of showing it.

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Piercing in your right ear. Only the right ear.

5. DoctorWhat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure if the earring on your right ear is a fantastic idea if you dont want most people to think it or know it, at least up where I live, almost everybody (straight guys, straight girls, gay girls, literally everyone) knows the 'right earring thing'. I'm in the same place as you, wanting to subtly show it, so I would probably go for the pride bracelet or anything else like that that you could easily excuse for just being a supporter if someone you dont want to know, asks.

6. RainbowMan

Living in NYC, every guy carries around a backpack (in a city where no one drives, it's the only way to carry around misc junk). I've seen a guy with a really subtle rainbow button on his backpack. Something like that might work?

7. sharkpool

i think the bracelet is a great idea!

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eye contact, and the extent of it. It's all in the nanoseconds. No other ingredients required.

9. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree! Eye contact means a lot. You can say a lot with body language.

10. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's almost foolproof. Try it!

11. DrAdam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read in a book somewhere that it used to be common practice among gay guys to wear a ring on the little finger of one of their hands as a sign. Not sure how many people know of this but now if I see a guy wearing one I always look to see if they have a wedding ring or anything else and often they do not which suggests to me they are at least single... :S

12. Deranged06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agree eye contact! but make your eyes smile at least hahaha
    I was in line waiting to order food the other day when this very cute guy made an eye contact 4x (lovely hazel eyes) and it was a long stare bleh missed opportunity,I know I'm a pussy! I just got intimidated because of the way he stared it was intense lol so when you make an eye contact, smile too :slight_smile: it work wonders

#12 Deranged06, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013