1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mind is Overwhelming Me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FreeFlow9917, Aug 14, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

I'm at my limit at my mind and its just hurting me, what am i doing wrong, i can be happy than i can be super depressed. I posted how my mind is overwhelming, but my mom said that maybe i should just kill myself and i said never ever. But i know she doesn't mean it but just to say it is depressing, than she said to talk to me when i think like that and to slow down. I can't slow down and its so hard to, she doesn't understand my mind's speed, it is hard and i cant control it sometimes. But now i'm happy and good, but its hard for me just to slow down. And when i do i think of depression, it backfires, even at football or anywhere else

2. LD579

Are you seeing anyone professionally? What about a school counsellor or therapist? Those may be good steps to take. If you ever feel really down, it's best to talk to someone about it, and it's good your mom has opened herself to you as someone available. If you're not seeing anyone you can talk to specifically about your feelings and thoughts, it'd be a good idea to talk to your mom about it and see what she thinks.

3. Kamina

I do the same thing, thinking to fast, when I'm in a depressive spiral. Honestly there isn't to much you can do but I like meditation. Put some white noise on and try to eliminate all thoughts from your head while breathing deeply and sitting still. It definitially helps me.

Also I will sometimea write out how I am feeling, or rather type so I can easity edit. This usually makes me cry because of how horrible I feel but after I feel better sometimes because I've identified what I feel crappy about and also because it forces me to look at my thoughts and slow them down so that I can process them into a letter. <-- don't ever save those. That's a plan to get depressed later, just delete them and try and move on.

Also I wouldnlike to add that despite my wishes to I have never been to a therapist. It is definitially something you should look into if you are feeling suicidal due to this. (*hug*) I really hope that helps and I'm always free to talk if you want

4. FreeFlow9917

I have a psychologist and he's helped me a lot, but my problem is that no one understands me that much, i feel like i'm alienated and i want to be down to earth, i feel so bipolar at times. I really think i have a problem with acceptance and a fear of rejection, i want to be accepted and thats it.

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2013 at 11:26 PM ----------

It's mainly on/off thing, one minute i don't feel fine, next minute i will be happy, i hate it and it's just i have so much mental stress and i cant contain it.