1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BelleLey, Aug 15, 2013.

1. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I have real problems talking about my feelings. They're clear in my mind but i can't translate them with words when i try to talk with friend or family. But mostly i just don't feel comfortable telling people how i feel, i'm a very private person. For instance, my mum saw me when i was on this forum, she asked me what it was i told her the truth, that i had doubt about my sexuality. She wanted to talk about it more, but i couldn't, i didn't want to, i felt ill at ease, i wouldn't find my words...
    Are any of you having the same problems ? Well, idk if "problem" is the word, maybe it is just how i am ...

2. Fellow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can relate totally, I know I lack a bit of social skills, but when it comes to feelings I just can't let the words out, I don't know why, but it's like my head prevents me from speaking.
    I am trying to be more socially active, you know, trying not to be that way over introverted guy. As for these feelings I have "locked up" inside, next month I'm going back to college and I'll be attending some lgbt meetings, cause there happens to be a centre close by and I think it is the perfect place to meet people experiencing these feelings I am going through right now. Perhaps you should give it a try.
    P.S. Although I intend to go to a meeting, I'm still building up some courage to show up there. I'll post here the experience if I end up going.
    Hope it helped.

3. Blu

Blu

I use to be like this, in fact I can sometimes still be. I'm a very emotional person and it feels like everyday I'm fighting back tears but believe it or not a cry like once a year most or the things less then that. I think that's very unhealthy. I would like to cry more because crying is part of the healing process but I can't talk about the way I feel because I hate to play the victim. For me the most important feels are the ones that make me mad and sad but I don't like to be either of those things so I don't talk about them. Feeling that make me mad I have started to share but the sad feeling I still haven't learned to release them yet but I'm sure I'll get there and then I'll be all water works. Lol

4. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Thanks for the replies and for sharing your own experiences.