1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loner

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsolitaire, Aug 16, 2013.

1. bsolitaire

ive been alone for a long time. im turning 25, and really have no friends. I even dormed in college...during that time I came out to a group of people but they began to distance themselves from me...

sometimes I admit it is my own doing. I am quiet and often I like being on my own. I wonder how I can make friends without compromising this part of my character..

I tried meetup groups, etc...but no luck still..i even tried meeting someone online but there was no 'connection' in person.....
    The thing is I am becoming jealous of people who have friends in their lives and a longtime partner...I tend to think---do I not deserve these good things? what is wrong with me? Am I a bad person and they're better?

any words of wisdom I appreciate thanks

2. hopelesslover93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's sad but friendship is nothing like on those movies or shows. I believe it takes time and common interests to create a connection with someone. Just force yourself to be around people you think you might like and try to participate in every activity they join like parties, going on movies. If you're in dorm like me, thats great! go to the cafeteria or something to meet up with your friends at night. And try to be a positive person even if you're dying inside, trust me sometimes i feel so depressed and lonely but I just hide it and talk aloud and laugh and take my friends' attention back on me. Because nobody wants to be around some depressed person. But most importantly, even at the times you're alone just enjoy your life and be grateful for everything you have, it really helps! :slight_smile:)

3. Ozy

Ozy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im exactly the same, unfortunately.:-(

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you 'out yourself' to straight people or gay people?

I can imagine their indifference was disappointing for you...

It takes effort to create new friends but it requires stepping out of your comfort zone. It is easier not to.. and stay where you are ... and you end up where you are

But it might be easier than you think..

5. dreambig

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

6. bsolitaire

im actually done with college, moved to a city and lived here for a year now..still lonely..and it's harder to meet people..im starting grad school (mostly online) with work by September..that will keep my mind off being lonely---but then again, less time to meet people....I have no one to celebrate my birthday with (my first being away from home)