1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nartleb, Aug 16, 2013.

1. nartleb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today and the last couple of years have been the loneliest in my life. I literally have no one I can truly call my friend. I feel like nobody really cares for me other than my parents. On my birthday nobody who I thought was my "friend" said happy birthday. I don't ever leave my house to hang out with people. Going to school sucks because I see all these people my age hanging out with each other. I'm so tired of always being alone!!! If I ever try to make new friends I feel like they wont like me because they'll soon realize I don't have a social life. Aside from all this nobody even knows I'm gay! My life sucks at the moment -__- Anybody passed or is passing through a similar situation like mine???:icon_sad::tears:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really have advice because you're describing my life as a teen. All I can tell you is that as you get older you will meet people that share your interests, either in college or work or just on accident.

3. kresukun

I am in a similar situation and yes it is hard. There's not really any opportunity to meet new people because I am always secluding myself at home.

But EC is a great place to talk to everyone and have a good laugh. I joined just under a week ago and I haven't regretted it yet.

4. Blu

Blu

Hey bro,
    I think a lot of us go though and are still going though this.
    The way I dealt with it was like I said somewhere else on the forme, was I just started to focus less on making friends and other things like that and more on developing myself as a person. find something you love to do and do it, put everything you have into. The right people will find you and even if you don't make any friends right away this will still help build your self confidence.

It's a start!!

5. nartleb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys. I'm just so sick of this :frowning2: Its really not healthy for someone to always be home. I go to school and chat with people but by the end of the day nobody seems to care what I'm doing. I need friends. I hate being the "loner kid".

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2013 at 02:01 PM ----------

I've tried doing what you said Blu. Ever since Freshman year... art was my thing. I loved it and focused on art more than anything else. But this last year if High school I've come to realize I'm still alone. I hope college will provide people similar to me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CONFIDENCE!

If you are a gloomy person who always negatively, people are going to gravitated away from you.

If you are happy and confident, people will gravitate towards you.

7. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sorry you're having such a tough time. A lot of us go through similar spots, and it's never fun feeling lonely. Just know that no matter what, you've got us! We'll be glad to wish you a happy birthday when the time rolls around. And don't worry about people not liking you for not having a social life, as long as you're passionate about something there's always people out there that will find you interesting.

On a side note you might find college more enjoyable for meeting new people. It's easier to make friends since people tend to organize themselves according to interests, and most people are generally looking to socialize. If you know what you love you can always join a club, and if you're having trouble meeting other folks of the LGBT variety there's usually a club for that too.

8. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ALSO.. you've got to get out and be in groups of people
    Nobody will see you if you are at home all the time
    So groups with a shared interest .. not necessarily LGBT.. but LGBT would be good
    or do volunteer work somewhere?

9. GayNerd

Why don't you join an After-School Club? Maybe there's an activity you like. Or, try to make friends that also like to paint. I'm sure there's plenty of people that like to paint. Try it out!

10. swifter

swifter Guest

time to ask you one little question: how homophobic are your "friends"? if they don't mind sexual orientations, tell them about your sexuality maybe that should make you closer to them, and will show them that you do care, i also had a sense of loneliness until i talked to my friend about my sexuality he was shocked, but at the end it brought us together :slight_smile:.

however if they are hardcore homophobes drift away from them, and as you said maybe college will bring you new people that like the same things as you :grin:! everything is about patience ^_^.

11. Blu

Blu

I think college wil prove to be life changing in more then one way. Try joining an art club and go to school get togethers.
    You could also try getting a part time job, even if you don't need it. Making your money is a great way to build confidence and this paired with doing the things your passionate about could very well get you on your way to making some great friends.

12. Pocky

LOL your post reminds me of this:

[YOUTUBE]Get confident, stupid - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Nartleb, I've really feel for you because I'm pretty much in the same situation. So really while I've got no authority to give you advice, I would look at something art-related that you can do outside school.

I do find that I'm a little more confident and extroverted when I'm doing or talking about something I know. If art is your passion then it might be a little easier to open up to others who share the same passion.

13. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Loneliness is a feeling we don't really discuss openly because it's somewhat stigmatised a lot more than other feelings, many, I would venture to say almost all people go through this, sometimes many times in their lives. Friends will come and go but as you go through life you will make connections that matter, you will form
    Relationships, some of them won't last others will be life changing but when all is said and done, you are left with you, your own thoughts, your own mind and your own perceptions. I think the key to feeling less lonley is to embrace and accept that? Invest in connections that matter where there is reciprocity and when they are times when loneliness does occour, know that there is nothing wrong with feeling that way; it's a perfectly normal human emotion and it absoloutley does pass!

And remember this: There are people that deeply love you, and there will be others, many others that will also in the future. I can bet that your parents love you more than you can even know or pheraps fully understand, but they do.

#13 J9ah, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013