1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I quit my job

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this but lately bad things have been happening to me at my workplace more mentally. I come to work and scream and cry inside but outside I'm happy and smiling I'm just wearing a mask basically. I also have ergophobia in getting fired and my mistakes and live every minute in fear and anxiety in and of work. Not to mention some customers are just a**holes, "okay we'll get it fix just don't yell, please", "fine it's bullsh*t that you had your wrong but why swear?", "yeah it's not my fault that someone else got your order wrong dont look at me,". Sometimes it's like "hey, have you every heard of patience or were you in a hurry when you left the person who was going to explain it?". I'm always rushed in taking cash from the customers money in drive thru and its the customers fault; the managers are hurry it up while the customers are picking up change that frustrates me:tantrum:. And anytime I make a small mistake it is a stab through the leg or stomach. Sure it gives good pay but it cost me happiness and sanity. I'm always crying inside:tears:. I want this job to go to school year but I think it's going to kill me. The coworkers are nice and the managers are nice except I always have a fear of them only because I have fear of people who have higher authority than me. It's also boring I did the same thing five days straight and I am so mad:bang:. When I entered the job I had a high expectations of hope and happiness, not distress and anxiety.:help:. Should I quit my job or stay strong and expect the best. Right now it's pain and no gain. I want a job with variety, happiness, somewhere where I don't make a fool of myself.

Opinions please

#1 Andstillimhere7, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, I have been working in various capacities in retail for the last 26 years. It's a tough gig and customers can be arseholes, but the way people behave is not indicative of the person you are, it is indicative of the person THEY are.

I personally think that you should try and stick with this job because working with people can be extremely rewarding, but I would encourage you to start changing your perspective and in essence, grow a thicker skin.

At your age and in your situation it would be a tough call to try and find any other work outside of customer service, so it looks like while ever you want a job, you are going to have to work in the role of customer service.

Don't take what the customer says as a personal attack, they are not attacking you, they are just being arseholes.

Have a chat with your manager, a good manager will support you. I am dealing with this issue with 2 of my staff at the moment and they are some of the best workers I have, but they are just a little too sensitive, so I am helping them ignore the abuse and find the pleasure in their roles :wink: