1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get over the feeling of guilt? ;(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Keera101, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Keera101

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got out of a very unhealthy relationship that lasted fro three years. My friends tell me that my partner was obsessed with me and would do anything to harm me mentally, because he's just too scared to harm me physically. I didn't believe them before because I loved my partner. With my friends' help, I was then able to decide to break up with him because I knew it was not doing me any good anymore. I was suicidal and was in a really bad condition. I was supposed to meet up with my partner to tell him that we had to finish what was between us, but i received a call the morning when we were supposed to meet that he got into an accident and he died. I'm so sorry if this is all too tragic. I just don't know what to do. I blame myself for all that happened, that he was not supposed to end up like that if I had not decide to meet up with him. How do I get over this feeling of guilt? ;(

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask yourself this: If you didn't want to break up with him, would he still have died? I bet the answer is yes. You are not at fault, and that may be the universe's way of telling you it really, REALLY wasn't meant to be.

Still sorry somebody had to die though :frowning2:

3. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Accidents happen all the time in the world. You shouldn't blame yourself for something you had no control over.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with everyone else, so please do not blame yourself. Accidents happen every day and sometimes, there's no one to blame. It's unfortunate and very unfair, but it isn't your fault. And I'm so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how you're feeling. And in order to get the closure that you were seeking, you have to realize that there's nothing that you could have done differently to prevent what happened. Hang in there (*hug*)