1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Venting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kresukun, Aug 17, 2013.

1. kresukun

Sorry in advance for this but have to at least get it off my mind.

My life is a complete mess at the moment. I'm quitting University because I am not happy. I am constantly feeling sick and the reason is unknown to me. I have not played any video games in over a month (which is something I did a lot of before). I feel desperate for any kind of attention.

I would like to find my place in life but that is just too difficult for me right now. I want to tell my parents everything but it will kill them inside.

But then, when I come on EC everyday (that's how lonely I feel) it somewhat makes me happier, but I don't feel whole.

Suppose I should just say to myself 'Grow Up', but being in the position I am, I can only try. :bang:

2. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't be sorry, we all need to vent now and then. (*hug*)

I think I can relate to what you're going through, at least a little. A couple years ago I ended up dropping school for a while too. I hardly had the motivation to get out of bed, let alone go to class every day. I just couldn't do it.

This was also around the time where my friends started to disappear for various reasons. Some got married, some joined the military, some went crazy, and all I knew was that I had no one left. I felt miserable, lonely and unloved. But more than anything I felt stuck.
    All I can say is that it gets better.

From the outside looking in, it's easy to tell someone to just grow up out of their mess. But anyone who's been there knows it isn't always that easy.

If I can offer one piece of advice - try to keep playing video games. Even if you have to force yourself to (I know I did). It helps keep the mind distracted off of things, and even if you don't feel like you're getting any joy from playing them, I swear they help.

I hope things get better soon. If you ever need someone to talk to, or even just need to vent, I'll be here for ya.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quitting Uni is quite a big step.
    If nothing else, would it not be a useful thing to stick with it? It will give you a framework for your life, social contact with others and a qualification at the end.
    Sorry - there may be other reasons why you want to quit. But what will you do instead?

4. kresukun

One of the biggest reasons I would like to quit is because I am failing at Life Drawing and that is crucial part of the course I am doing. I never knew how intensive it would be. I knew I was not a good artist, but being reminded of something again and again gets me really annoyed. I just don't have the skill and I hate myself for that. :bang: :bang::bang: :bang: :bang:

5. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

Hey I have some advise for you, you want to talk so start opening up to more people, you are 19 you have a lot ahead of you. it seems hard now but 10 years from now you should be thinking back to all the great times you had at 19. your profile says' Out Status: 1 Great Friend' maybe you can try to find other LGBT to talk to?
    I was very depressed before I came out I cant even tell you what a difference it has made for me. It wasnt something I thought would happen. But before coming out I felt much like you do. Now I'm busy, I found a new job, I started making new friends and I think accepting myself has made me okay with my place in the world and when this happens things will just go better for you. X

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you read the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain"? It's an awesome book that talks about the science behind "thinking like an artist".