1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on guys???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cleverboy, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Cleverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OK! This is weird.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this - do I want advice, or an explanation, or...?

A few days ago, I'm at the mall. Have breakfast, talk to the waiter. Buy a pair of shoes, chat to the shop assistant (oh, so you're taking your wife to dinner, & she likes seafood - have you tried x, y, z?). Get lunch from a Vietnamese café, chat to the waitress.

(So I have fairly good social skills. I can talk to most people easily, & have a knack for making myself liked.)

And then I see a guy from a class I'm in, working in a shop. (He doesn't see me.) A normal person would have gone up & said something like, 'Hello! I knew I'd seen you somewhere before!' I didn't go in, but kept walking. WHY?

Now, we'd been talking the night before. He seems a nice guy - friendly, clever, funny. So why couldn't I approach him? And since then, I've avoided that area of the mall.:bang:

I'm wondering whether this is a crush. I went through high school & uni without being attracted to anyone. (Or - is there an anti-crush, where you get self-conscious whenever a certain person is around, relax whenever he's not in the class, admire him, can't talk to him, and you resent them for that, and yourself for behaving like that?)

Arrrgh.

2. Blu

Blu

Sounds like a crushhhhh~ and you just realized it. You could talk to him before but now you see him in totally different manner?
    You got to know him a little and his personally appealed to you in a way very few people will, its a crush.

3. Cleverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, that's what I (feared? expected?) it might be. Well, that's the answer to my sexuality. (Thanks!)

So:
    1. I have crushes on guys
    Therefore
    2. I am attracted to guys
    Therefore
    3. I am gay

(Simple logical statement)

4. Kenny207

Awww that's so cute! Though, it's hard to say if you actually have a crush on this dude...
    there's a very blurred line between a crush, and a admiration.

5. Ticklish Fish

Uh, sometimes when I see people from class or from school working, I don't say hi to them unless I know them well I guess. Don't wanna bother them working lol.

As long as you don't like... unfold many clothes to bother people or something, it's fine(?) xD

I'm also shy usually lol.

6. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I replied here instead of somewhere else :\
    so if my previous post didnt make sense read this instead.

If you never mentioned it or questioned it, you guys mightve been just distant friends. But since you are confused, anxious, you feel a bit guilty for not doing more. Sounds like you gotta crush.

#6 qwr42, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  7. meltingpot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup, sound like a crush. You maybe to overly concern about making the right first impression.