1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost and confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AS1989, Aug 18, 2013.

1. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just last night my boyfriend of about 10 months broke up with me. He's said that he isn't sure about being in a relationship right now. He thinks he's jumped into things too soon from his previous relationship, and still needs to work through the issues that were a result of his past relationship.

It's come as a big surprise to me that this has occurred. We've never fought, I've never been upset About him not spending time with me, or inviting me somewhere. I was absolutely happy, and thought he was too.

I'm having a little difficulty dealing with the situation. I feel disconnected, inadiquate, overwhelmed, shocked, and extremely saddened. I don't know exactly how to handle the situation I've been put in. He did say it wasn't me, and that I'm great, but I can't help but to feel like it is me, or something I did or didn't do.

2. Blu

Blu

Hi,
    he's right. From what you've said it sounds like it wasn't you and that the problem lays on his end. I say take his word for it, if he doesn't tell you how you might have contributed to the break up then what else are you suppose to think?

Maybe he really isn't ready for a relationship.

Oh and I might have miss interpreted but if your boyfriend doesn't spend enough time with you and doesn't want to take you out even if it once every two weeks and only to places like the park, you should be upset!! These are the things you should get up set about. Maybe he wants to you to get up set.

Give me a call and ask him these questions if you haven't done so already and if you have, ask him again but remember to draw line between crazy. Please don't text him, call him or ask to see him in person. Texting is so, its just not the way these things should to handled.

Ask him to be completely honest and if he says he is and won't reconsider the breakup then do you best to move on!!!

CHEER UP:slight_smile: