1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frizzy hair. -.-

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alex94, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I have frizzy hair 90% of the time and I hate it, I just got my hair cut so now it's worse. My hair is quite thick and curly/wavy. I use conditioner in my hair and let it air dry rather than damage it with heat. So my question is do any of you have advice on how to make my hair less frizzy or not frizzy at all? .-. It's really annoying. ;3

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gosh, I wish I could help, but I have the same issue. And I've eventually learned to embrace my frizzy hair. I actually just colored my hair blonde, so you know I'm staying far away from heat. However, I've used some amazing hair products like, Garnier Fructis; they have tons of anti frizz hair products. But I only use them when I plan on straightening my hair, which isn't often. Also, argon oil is another anti frizz product, so you should most definitely try those. They are for all hair types, so they should work just fine.

#2 pinklov3ly, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Okay, thank you pinklov3ly.

4. SunSparks

Yep! There are a lot of anti-frizz serums you could try. I use a concoction of Garnier argon oil anti-frizz and macadamia hair oil, but I've been looking to change it up with biosilk.

I wouldn't say I have particularly frizzy hair, but I certainly do have frizz. I usually start out, right after coming out of the shower, with the serums/oils as well as a leave-in conditioner and then let it absorb as I do other things (to get ready) and then, once it comes time, I spray on heat protectant and I blow dry and then straighten. I then put in some product (one smoother and 2 others for styling) and style it. I know put my hair through really harsh stuff but its a give take. I have a daily conditioner, a strong conditioner I use 1-2 times a week, as well as good shampoo. Also, 1-2 times a week, before I go to sleep, I put in almond oil and coconut oil and wrap my hair - this will really get your hair soft and healthy. My hair, overall, comes out softer, nicer, and shinier than it would without all the heat (and product, oils, etc).

Try out different products, check reviews, etc. Find a group of products that you and your hair like. Best of luck :slight_smile:

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Thanks SunSparks. ;3

6. BooksJeansTea

Have you tried using biolage shampoo? I know it's kind of pricey but I've found that it does wondrous things to my hair.

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

No I haven't, I will look into that though. :slight_smile: