1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im so confused what to do with my life I need guidance(I have questions for you below

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TyTy91, Aug 20, 2013.

1. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What would you do if you were me? What should I do? Advice please
    Thank You SOO much for taking your time reading this!

I know I've been on here a lot but some things have changed. I now changed my mind on going to Massage Therapy school I dont want to go Ive done more research and cons had out weighed the good and its really not worth the investment. So I'm going back to Community college but right now Im going to a technical college and plan on transferring to a regular Community College. I was a little too late for registration so Ive only got 2 classes to take at the technical school this Fall. I plan on getting my core classes or at least 30 units of credit to transfer to Perimeter College.

Anyways I have planned to move out of my parents house early 2014. My parents are devout jehovahs witness, (if you didnt know already) I'm desperately wanting to move out of my parents house, but I only have $7,000 in my name and thats really not a lot. I really dont have a lot friends so I dont really know anyone like that , plus with not having any friends Im going to need a roommate but Im pretty nervous with getting a roommate that I don't know.

If you live in my house you CAN'T do these things when you're a jehovahs witness or living with a JW parents. Look at the website below and imagine yourself living in my house CANT do these things. What would you do?

http://thejehovahswitnesses.org/thin...es-cant-do.php
    141 Jehovah Witness Rules.A List Of Things Jehovah's Witnesses Believe Are Wrong.

I know my life sucks but Im trying to get out of the rut and finally live a life of my own

Right now Im working at a grocery store part time and I only get $9.50 an hour thats alot for a high school student but NOT a college student. I would like to work for the entertainment industry. I want to cast actors/actresses for films/TV shows but Im really into casting them for film, Blockbuster or Indie films. I would also like to interview celebrities not really obsess with celebrities but I just like interviewing people. But I dont want to be a news reporter for local cities. People like on the Entertainment Tonight that do interviews thats what I would like to do as well. Its ironic that I would like to do this because Im really shy in general to most people. But I have interviewed students in high school when I was taking Video Production at my high school and I just liked interviewing people. I just don't know how to swim in the pool sort of speak I dont know where to begin. Also I dont know what degree I should get they say you really dont need a degree to be a interviewer. But if I had to get a degree it would be in Communications.
    I would also like to be an actor for short films and Indie films but idk if I have the talent for that because my short term memory is very bad, plus I did a play in high school and I messed up a couple of times it was embarrassing but I still find acting interesting.

During college I would like to live with a roommate or in my own place but I dont know any jobs I could do for higher wage to live off of. I at least want to find a job where I will get paid weekly instead of biweekly. I also have ADHD (combined) also with anxiety and a mild learning disability! I just don't want to find a job that pays more and the job being TOO much for me and I don't want to get fired because that would just blow my self esteem and confidence even further down. Even though I dont have much as in for talent, I think my positive attributes is my smile which I get from a lot of people I'm nice and patient but that can only get you so much somewhere in life. It really gets frustrating when your coworkers say that I should just marry a rich man, (meaning TOO ME) that I can't succeed on my own and that I don't have any abilities
    to make into a career. The fact that they said that REALLY damped my spirit.

As for a career I just want something that is in the Film industry, Interviewing and or traveling.
    Their are ALOT of careers that Im just not interested in or dont have the ability which makes me not interested either.

Questions below

What would you do if you were me living with my parents?

How would you move out?

How do I move out and be on my own never been out in the real world before really since ive been caged in for all of my life?

How much money do I need to move out? (I live in ATL... Atlanta) so its not NYC Chicago or LA or San Francisco

How would I get into the TV/Movie industry?

Which career would be better in the Entertainment Industry, Interviewer or in Casting?
    (Im not good/ or interested in a lot of things except the TV/Film industry thats all I have

What are a list of jobs that are easy and pay a little more than Im being paid right now?
    (I can only think of receptionist)

Sorry if I ranted I have a lot on my mind

2. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Im so confused what to do with my life I need guidance(I have questions for you b

1) feel very sorry for myself, cry a lot (honest i probably would). Try to talk to them a bit, maybe they can ease off? if not, i dont know. Talk to some of your secular friends (if you have some) for a backup plan if something goes wrong (just in case). If i was in your shoes i would run away, but i dont really want to suggest that to you, because that might not be the best option. You have a (loving) home, and you are being fed and cared for under their watch, so stay there for now if you can.

2) run to a trusted friends house, tell them and their parents about whats going on. call a child support hotline if you really feel as desperate as you sound, they will probably have more options for you and better advice than we can give.

3) slowly. Just let it happen, make lots of friends. Take up a different religion to get you by if you need one.

4) a lot. It is possible to make it on your own at a community college with several part time jobs, but it isnt the ideal life, and it will be very difficult. But i know a lot of people who have done this and gotten far. Sticking to a minor city with lower taxes may be better.x\

5) youtube videos. Make them, make lots. Test the waters and listen to your fans. A cheap flipcam will get you going and free editing software isnt hard to come by. Only spend what you need to.

6) None of them. The entertainment industry is a terrible one to get into because it is extremely competitive, and holding a job near impossible. But if you are certain this is what you want to do who am i to stop you? Honestly though, i have no idea how to answer it for you, sorry.

7) McDonald's or another fastfood place. Libraries, anything at the mall, starbucks, etc.

Its no problem you are in a tough spot. but if you can make it where you are right now then stay where you are. It may be tough but nothing is tougher than jumpstarting your life by running. I dont know how to help you, but get some friends (adult friends especially, they will be able to tell you how to make it) and hope for the best.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Im so confused what to do with my life I need guidance(I have questions for you b

Going way out of order here, as I think of stuff.

Re: your tentative career choice. That's going to be very difficult. Because "interviewer" is rarely a specific job. It's like the people who hand out awards on award ceremonies - it's PART of a job, but it's not THE job. There are few people who literally do nothing but interview people. They might do it as PART of their job, but it's not THE job.* David Letterman, for instance, interviews people. But it's part of his job as a talk show host, where he also delivers a monologue and does comedy bits with his staff. Newscasters and other news people might get to interview people, but they also have to write stories and deliver the news.

One thing you might look into - see if one of the local TV stations has internships that you can take part in. Most do. However, many will only have you if you're a student and (here's the kicker) it's part of your curriculum. If you're actually studying communications, they might take you on board. If not, they might not. You might especially check the PBS and smaller TV stations - their guidelines might not be as strict.

Mind you, it's not like they're going to hand you a microphone on your first day and tell you to go interview the famous actor coming through town. Interns tend to do most of the "grunt work" - you'll be doing a lot of loading up the van, and untangling cables, and stuff like that. But you will get to see how everything works, and what everybody does. And maybe you'll be drawn to some other aspect of it. Maybe you'll find the camera work fascinating. Or you'll be intrigued by what the editors do. This sort of thing can give you a better idea if there's a possible future in this field for you.

Similarly with theater. If you're not currently involved, get involved. Go to auditions. Take that part as "Bystander #3". See if they need anyone to handle props or other grunt work. Getting involved in the various aspects of it might give you a better grip on other options. And, as a bonus, if you DO end up in film work, between the theater and TV work, you'll be more familiar with a lot of the aspects of what goes on and what needs to be done.

As for college, do you feel it's necessary at this specific juncture? You don't seem to be aiming in any specific direction right now. In general, yes, "college degree" is better than "no college degree", but I think getting on your own and getting financially independent are more important right now.

Here's something you might try. Look online for ads for people advertising looking for roommates. Find some ads that sound like you might like to live there. Then, call them up and arrange to meet them and see the place. You're not committing to anything here. You're simply "checking out your options". Go see the place, go think about living there, and what it might be like. This can help get you over the fear of moving out.

And work. Work as much as you can. Take as many hours as you can at your current job, and look for parttime work to supplement that. Once you're making at least double what your rent will be, you should be in a place where you can move out.

Lex

* - Actually, there ARE people who do a lot of interviewing - people who hire other people for other jobs. I don't know if that'd be at all interesting to you, but I at least thought I'd mention it.