1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made a fool out of myself. How to amend it?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Reader, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay. I really really fancy this girl in my classes. I am super shy and have talked to her on facebook only but not face to face.
    This is how I made a fool of myself.
    On ask.fm, on anon, I told her that she is pretty, and that I have wanted to talk to her for ages. She replied saying that we should be friends. I then said that I'd be honoured to be her friend and that I think she is great. She said "Come off anon". I said I was too shy but if she ever got a random question from someone she didn't know too well, it'd be me. Then about an hour later, I said this...
    "Here is a random question from someone you don't know too well and probably think is weird now". She said she didn't think I am weird and was cute about it, but I feel so stupid.
    I don't know whether she knows I am into her or not, but she has a boyfriend and I feel so awful. How can I fix this without pestering or annoying her?
    :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::bang::bang::bang:

2. Data

Data Guest

I have done my fair share of things like this. Not exactly like this, but similar.

I usually forget about it and pretend like it didn't happen.

You can approach her in person (once you gather strength) and just say that you are really shy and that you aren't good at approaching people. Just use that introduction to play yourself off as a cool cucumber and not awkward in real life and face-to-face. I sometimes hate talking to people through FB messenger or text because I can't always read the message in the person's voice or understand what they are conveying subliminally. I feel like you have to have their body language and their intonation in front of you in order to properly understand someone. So, you can always make it seem like you were joking or make it seem like a "lost in translation" kinda deal where you meant to say something one way but it came off another way.

Really, don't sweat it. I have goofed SO MANY TIMES when talking to my crush. So. Many. Times.

3. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh I've done MUCH worse. Actually I've done much worse and still had someone not just forget I was an idiot but like me back. So there's that. I once full on insulted the appearance of a girl I liked. I was nervous. I didn't mean it. But I was all tongue tied and it just popped out. When I get nervous the worst things always pop out of my mouth. I avoided her for a week. :lol: :lol:

You'll be okay. You didn't make that big a fool of yourself. She probably didn't think much of it at all. Don't try to go back and explain it or take it back or re-do it. Just move on as if it was just something non-embarrassing that happened. Newer, hopefully less embarrassing, things will happen and take the place of those memories and then the thing that is making you feel so awkward right now will fade into the background, and even forgotten completely.

As someone who excels at making a damn fool of herself (it is my gift in life) I promise you that the best way to move past it is to act as if it wasn't embarrassing at all, and move forward with confidence. You actually should have confidence, she thinks you're cute! :slight_smile: However straight girls don't make good lesbian girlfriends, so take her offer of friendship if you'd like to. Just don't expect things to turn romantic.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going off the OP only, it doesn't sound so bad. She sounds awesome. All you can really do is keep being friends with her, assuming you don't want to come out and say that you have a thing for her.

5. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys, I am going to just carry on as if nothing happened I think. Also, I found out that she is bisexual and is single at the moment (!). And yes, RSwordsman, she is awesome! Thankyou all again, you've really helped.