1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm to ugly for a boyfriend :( should I kill myself?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ohlookitssid, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Ohlookitssid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just turned 17 and I'm not sure why but lately I hate basically everything about myself. I not good enough for anyone at all. Honestly I think about suicide almost every night but unfortunately I'm still here..maybe I'll do it someday. If you don't believe that I could possibly be that ugly I attached a pic of me. What should I do? Just kill myself and let this all be over?

#1 Ohlookitssid, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  2. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You wont kill yourself. That may seem silly to hear, but you posted this here for a reason, so you must have a will to live. Tell us more about yourself, most of us here have been at gunpoint and back so we can help you if you need it.

Sleep on it, you will feel better in the morning. Maybe through the day, but at the beginning you will feel happier.

Because you are gay, you are now the #1 most hated group on the planet. But you know what? prove them wrong, prove you are worth something. You never know what the future has in store.

Also, i could care less on how you looked, be yourself.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The short answer is no!

4. Diego89

Is this a joke? You are not ugly at all, anyway I think posting pics of one self in a thread is against the rules so you should probably ask a staff member to put it down for you. Take care.

5. LD579

Hi there.

First of all, suicide is a permanent 'solution' to a temporary problem. It's never the answer, as many can attest to. Are there any people you could talk to about how you're feeling, like any family members or friends or therapists or anything? If you haven't done so already, school counsellors can be very helpful.

Of course, EC is also available for you. You can always post on other people's walls, or make your own threads, or post in existing ones and such, and you can always PM a member of staff, as well.

With that said, tackling these issues... You're still growing, and you're only 17. I know I'm not much older than you, but things do get better, and that's because as you grow older, you become more independent and your environment, family, and situation becomes more malleable to accommodate you. If things aren't the way you'd like them to be, you can make changes to them. This is your life, and you're in control of it.

A large and daunting step to take would be to begin to accept yourself for who you are, in all your flaws and strengths and entirety. There are also some things that you could change about yourself, if they really are such a bother to you. For example, if you want to be more healthy, you could start eating healthier and start exercising more. If you don't like how you give up sometimes, you can start to follow through things more often.

I'm not 100% sure what your faults are with yourself, but I can assure you that everyone has faults. I think it's best to strive to be the best that you can be, allowing yourself some mistakes and slip ups and faults along the way, but loving yourself regardless, and always, and never any less than that. I think that's the key to happiness, and I'm sure you're capable of it. And by the way, welcome to EC =)

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer: Suicide is never the answer.

Long answer: you're only 17, you got a nice, full life ahead of you to live. I guarantee you you'll find someone, if not in the near future then someday, because there's that special someone for everyone. Things DO get better, and you'll meet some really awesome guy/s who will like you for you, I'm sure of it. You are awesome just the way you are. (*hug*)

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really really? Even if you were baby-screaming, gut-wrenching ugly, that is no reason to kill yourself.

Question for you though: Is it just your looks that give you this feeling, or something else?

8. srslywtf

even if you were the ugliest person on earth, why would you kill yourself?

9. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldnt kill myself if i was the ugliest, that would be pretty cool. Then i would give inspirational speeches at schools becuase no one can be uglier than me, so no one should feel ashamed :grin:D

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    +1000 points

11. srslywtf

so somewhere out there is the ugliest person in the world, and because of them, you shouldnt feel ashamed.... that's what you just said right?

12. GentleBreeze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been on the verge of suicide myself in my teen years. I'm glad I failed at it. I have lived so much since then. Trust me, things are not and will not forever be bad. In life there are ups and downs. Roll with it like a well made ship. The storms will pass.

13. Jim1454

As others have said - suicide isn't the answer. And while it's perhaps almost impossible for you to see it or imagine it yourself, things will get better and you do have a future to look forward to.

Being 17 is awkward. No doubt. I wouldn't want to be 17 again - I'm WAY happier being 42! And that might sound crazy to someone who is 17, but it's true. I'm happier now then I ever have been - because I'm comfortable with who I am, how I look, what I'm doing, and for the relationships that I have.

I'm glad you've joined us here. Keep writing. It helps.

14. robotman

This is going to sound so cheesy but there is somebody out there for everyone. Even if you feel ugly or whatever there is always someone that will love/like you for you, you just have to find that person...

I wish I took my own advice because I think I would be super confident but I feel ugly and out of shape aswell. We just have to hope and try... Do not kill yourself. I don't think you are as ugly as you make out, we always seem to see ourselves in the worst light, I am sure you look fine =).

15. GayNerd

Do NOT kill yourself! There are people out there that care about what is on the inside, not the outside. Keep your head up. You will find the perfect person for you.

Suicide is NEVER the answer!

16. Ticklish Fish

Like others said, don't! You still have many more years to be more attractive, though that reason sounds terrible for reasons.

Anywho, you still have years ahead of you to find love, and awesome entertainments and delicious food.