1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to figure out somebodies sexuality?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by chrisV, Aug 22, 2013.

1. chrisV

i have a friend who's sexuality is a complete mystery. he's a pretty weird guy, so you can't really tell if he's gay or just very awkward. he is very cute though, and i have pretty much been staring at him every time i see him (which i don't think he's noticed yet). we were at a party tonight, and we were both kind of awkwardly sitting there on our phones while other people were socializing. i tried to resist staring at him for too long, but a few times i would look, and he would be looking at me, and then quickly look away once he realized that i'm looking at him. we also seemed to gravitate towards each other, if i went one place, he would follow, and vice versa. a few girls were hitting on me, which might have made him feel uncomfortable (even though i said no to all 5 or 6 of them). i'm almost certain he's at least bi, but i want to hear it from him before i do anything (to avoid making things REALLY awkward).

i was thinking of just telling him i was gay, and then hope he comes out to me.
    he is (like me) EXTREMELY liberal, and is especially outspoken about gay rights, so even if he's not gay, he won't hate me for being gay. i just want to know if anybody has any experience with this, and can lend some advice on how to tell him, or even just post a similar experience, and how it turned out. thanks :grin:

2. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would definitely tell him you are gay if it isn't already obvious or you think he doesn't know. From the sounds of it, he is either really socially awkward and gravitated towards you at the party because he knows you, or because he is attracted to you.
    I think telling him that you are gay is a good first step and a more passive way of letting him know you might be interested. That way, if he isn't bi, he will just see it was you opening up.

3. chrisV

that's how i usually come out to people anyway, so i think it will be the least obvious way do do it.

4. Ohhai

Tell him! You could get lucky :grin: xx

5. chrisV

i hope so :grin: