1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not a transgender, but i'm so scared!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Paco, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Paco

Okay, so as my info says, I often identify as a-gender, but recently I have been increasingly worried that I am a transgender. I feel like these are just intrusive thoughts, but to anyone out there who has known or is a transgender, can you please help me to identify what I am??

So, i'm happy with my life as a male, but I saw a video on a transgender's life and it made me think "What if that is who I am?!" and then I proceeded to have a dream about it. The dream was about that person and what happened in the documentary, and ever since I woke up from it i've had this underlying dread of "What if i am?", now. That is not the only thing making me question.

I had a similar experience a year ago (I was 13), where I went through a phase of wanting to wear women's clothing. I never took it seriously and it was just a laugh that I had with some female-friends of mine. I do not have many female friends, and barely any close ones, particularly now. I often feel like I fit into my own gender bracket, as a male, but have been increasingly scared of being in the wrong body. Now i'm not scared because I don't want to be one, i'm scared because I don't feel like it is who I am. At the moment I have a girlfriend, but I just can't shake these intrusive and obsessive thoughts of "But what If i am a transgender?", and it's so annoying! I enjoy doing masculine things most of the time, I like football and definitely don't hate my genitals or even FEEL like i'm in the wrong body at all!

So, in short, I think I just have anxiety, but I can't shake out these constant thoughts and it's scaring me to death! Please, if you can, help me! :bang:

14 Year old male, open to try all things but generally straight. Don't feel like in wrong body but having scary and intrusive thoughts about it.

2. Nick07

Relax, Paco,

you are not a transgender. I think that what you are experiencing is similar to what medical students go through. They basically think during their study that they have half of the diseases they are studying.

:slight_smile: relax and don't think about it too much

3. Paco

Thanks man, thats what ive been trying to do.

4. Paco

UPDATE - Even in the few hours that've passed, i've managed to find ways of controlling how I feel and what I think. Intruding thoughts might be scary, but they aren't real. And it's good to know from here, a doctor can tell you these things, but it's better to hear it from people with experience.

5. Lmao that's hilarious. Great analogy though. But hey Paco, I'm a transgender male and at first I thought I had anxiety too, which I kind of do from other causes of stress, but in the sexual way I don't. I confirmed my feelings as transgender. You however, don't sound transgender... but there's no reason why you should be scared to be one.

6. Paco

I'm not scared to be one exactly, it's more that I don't feel like I really am one, and if I came out as one it would make me unhappy.