1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I didn't realize how selfish I had been.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nikinja, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Nikinja

I mean, yes, I still wanted to help people, and I still tried whenever I could, but I became everyone's burden. They still loved me, and I still loved them, but they were the ones putting in more effort. I put in effort, but they needed it much less than I did. The music I create has tended to be quite dark, which tends to be self-indulgent for the artist and tends to reach out to few. Music is supposed to make people come together though. Lady Gaga lives for the "Applause", meaning, "[she] live to make the people happy". Indeed, Madonna has always put on quite the show, too. In addition, Madonna uses her music to make more money, so she can help more people. Music is supposed to be for the people. I knew this, but I forgot that in reality, people are best when they use their strongest skills to help others. It's not about being a star or a hero. It's about being your best self and making yourself a contributing part of the world.

2. Nikinja

Disregard this. Music is about letting your soul out – which Lady Gaga and Madonna both do.

3. Mortimer

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, I really like Lady Gaga's song Applause. She believes her music is art. She doesn't dress crazy or make weird videos for the attention. She does it because she believes music is art and self expression.

4. biggayguy

Madonna also prays with her team before the concert. I respect her spirituality.