1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long distance advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by pessimism, Aug 25, 2013.

1. pessimism

Hi, I'm looking for some advice / ideas for a long distance relationship I'm in! My boyfriend has been very busy lately and I am trying to come up with some sort of plan to make the time when we don't get to talk a little bit easier. Does anyone have any ideas? It would be very much appreciated! :slight_smile:

2. ilovebears

I'm in one right now. Everyday, we send text messages, to greet each other in the morning, and to say goodnight. E-mailing is good... calls are great, but Skype is the best. Don't forget about snail mail. There are many options available, you just gotta find out what works for the schedules you both have.

3. pessimism

For me I have always texted him first in the morning and he says he loves it. Unfortunately he is very busy with work and some days he will get off from work and then hang out with his friends. There's also a two hour time difference so that can make things difficult. We have only been able to skype twice in our like 4 months of knowing eachother : /

4. ilovebears

Yeah... my boyfriend is also 2 hours different than me. It kinda sucks.

Maybe you could try to agree on a weekly Skype time... like Saturday afternoons, or something like that.

One thing that is super important is that we are both really wanting to communicate with each other all of the time. I spend at least a solid hour on text messages + e-mails a day... not including the Skype time. You have got to ask for more time "together."

If you really want each other, you will find a way to make it work. My boyfriend and I are doing this. We both know how perfect we are for each other, so you bet that we do whatever we can to keep it going. We have no doubts about us whatsoever... we're just waiting until he can move in with me next year.

Let me know if any of this works...

5. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was in a long distance relationship for 3 years, at first we were very good at communicating, but graduatly, because we were both very busy with school and stuff, we began waiting for eachother to come online all day every day. This lead to us both feeling trapped behind the computer for years and almost caused us to break up a lot of times...
    We lived in different countires, so we only got to see eachother for a week every 3 weeks, I dont know how much you see eachother?

My point is just that you should schedule when you can talk and maybe come up with online dates, like watching the same movie while talking on skype or something. Maybe even eat together on occasion :slight_smile:

What is important is that you continue to experience things together even though you are appart :slight_smile:

6. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my goodness i know this one!

They make this underwear with vibrating pads and such and you get a smartphone app and you can have foreplay from long distances.

Other than that, just skype, a lot. Its hard but videochatting might be the best way to go as far as now.