1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to avoid awkwardness while clubbing?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Moon, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Moon

Hello people of EC!
    I have an issue that I've had for a while now but it's not until recently that it's really started bothering me. Thing is, I love going dancing. While I prefer going to a gay places (for obvious reasons) I mostly go to "straight/regular" places and taken that I'm a girl, guys will come up and dance with me. I prefer dancing by myself but occassionally I'll give a guy (specially if he's not that good looking) a dance or two but as soon as they start giving me that "I want to eat you up" look or start touching me in places I do not wish to be touched, I cut it off and kindly shake their hand and then thank him for the dance. This resultet, as late as yesterday, in a guy giving me the finger and then shoving me as he walked away.

Have you guys experienced anything like this before? Can I somehow let guys like these know that me dancing with them means nothing? I'm considering buying rainbow earrings to wear whenever I go clubbing.. Is this a good idea or would it merely put me in risk for being bothered or mistreated by drunken homofobs?

2. srslywtf

in my experience straight people dont know what a rainbow means most of the time, so it probably wont help..

Unfortunately alot of people are just stupid.. you could try turning them down earlier I suppose rather than dancing with them for a while, but I'm not sure... unfortunately there are always gonna be people like that