1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addicted to cruising

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallendown, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Fallendown

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually made a post like this. The reason I am writing is because I am absolutely addicted to sex and have no one I can tell. I'm ashamed of the things I have done. I have a loving boyfriend and I constantly put him and myself in risk of stds. I think my issue is I feel like when he's not here I have no one which is basically true because I live in Europe. However I'm from the US. I feel isolated and vulnerable even though it's been a year and I think instead of deal with these feelings I turn to ****** and bender and nude beaches and cruising spots.when I cruise I know I'm an addict. It takes all my days sometimes. When he's gone, for example he's on vacation now I become out of control. I used to be the person I wanted to be and now I am this. I watch myself do things I don't want to do and after always scold myself but it always goes on. I gave him anal warts and he had to get surgery and instead of cope up to it I said I didn't know how it could have happened because I had no visible signs. Like maybe it was his fault. What's happened to me? I used to be a good person, and I want o be again. If anyone can give me any advice how to stop, coping methods ect I would be so grateful.

2. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, do you feel anything when you're with him? I'm not implying that you don't really love him...

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

As in when you're spending time with him. Not necessarily in bed with him.

3. AKTodd

First question: what are you getting out of the cruising exactly? If it's just sex, why not just masturbate and be done with it? If it's more than that, what do you feel is missing when he's gone that you are trying to fulfill?

Second question: Do you and he have any mutual friends? Could you hang out with them if you're lonely, even if he's not around? If you don't have mutual friends, perhaps you could work on making some. Or work on making some friends on your own? Are there Meetup groups or something equivalent that you could join? Sports clubs or teams you could play on? Basically, the goal is to give you other outlets for your time and energy.

Maybe you could volunteer somewhere? This could be a way of both meeting people and filling time and using energy for something other than cruising.

Hope this helps,

Todd