1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I becoming misandrist?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Minnie, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Minnie

Every time I think I'm gay, I either feel less feminine, worry I should be male, or start resenting men (especially romantically - I can hardly even think of it without getting annoyed). I know I'm not trans because my happiest is when I feel like me, and part of being me is being a woman. Being a woman isn't in my every waking moment but it's just who I am without having to think about it (so was being straight, or at least thinking I was). I've also had very bad stress and anxiety since... April? January? Earlier?... so I hope it's just that that's making me feel so unlike myself. How can I stop obsessing and hating and freaking out???

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Nothing of what you've listed sounds remotely like real misandry (which is just a myth, anyway, since it's generally defined as oppression of men by women, but all of the real problems that men face come from their own position of power backfiring on them, not from women). The rest will come with time, and unlearning what you've been taught about "men like women, women like men". Maybe you could look at some photos of happy woman-woman couples online, so you can teach yourself that just because you like women doesn't mean you should be male (unless you actually feel male, which is a whole other matter).