1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left ear cartilage piercings..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by haterade, Aug 26, 2013.

1. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are they gay? I am going to get my ear cartilage pierced soon, and I was wondering if getting the left one pierced definitely means you are gay. I've heard that it does but I feel like some straight people must get the left one pierced anyways.

I'm actually asking because I want to make my sexuality more "obvious" (I know that sounds stupid) so I just wanted to know if getting it pierced would be worth it.

2. i think it used to mean something but not anymore, people get what they want pierced. years ago boys only had one ear pierced but now many many have both :slight_smile:

youre better off wearing a bracelet or something, not a piercing.

3. Saxyguy1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A piercing won't show your sexuality. Your mannerisms and speech will let people know more as to if you are gay or not. Think of it this way. You needed to ask if getting your left cartilage pierced is gay. If you are interested in the piercing and don't know if it is, anyone who would see it would most likely not know.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only piercings that kinda stand out for me and a person's sexuality is when a guy gets his right ear pierced. A tongue ring on a girl is also questionable at times.

I have my right ear cartilage pierced. I'm not completely sure why I chose the right ear. Probably because I'm right-handed and I thought it would be easier for me to replace my piercing that way. XD

5. Kat kanu

I have my left ear cartilage pierced it doesn't really make a difference I still have to say im a lesbian lol I love my piercings though

6. haterade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks everyone!

7. Kyllani

Body modification is so popular these days, piercings don't really mean much anymore. But anyway, I just wanted to give you a piece of friendly advice in case you weren't aware...if you do decide to get it pierced, go to a reputable piercing shop. Don't go anywhere they are going to use a piercing gun on you. The guns can ruin the cartilage in your ear. Piercings should pretty much always be done with a needle and not a gun.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Left side, right side..... They don't mean anything anymore. But remember to take care of the piercing, unlike I did.

9. Anomie

Anomie Guest

For me personally it doesn't indicate anything. Then again I've had gauged ears for 12 years and a lip ring that I wear when I'm not working. I've had a rook piercing and upper cartilage piercings and no one has ever commented on them regarding my orientation. I agree that how you present yourself via mannerisms, views, personality and so on has a far greater meaning. I love piercings and if you do get one I'm sure you'll enjoy it.