1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my productivity

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Danny19, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Danny19

So my summer is offically over. I go start school tomorrow, i hope because im waitlisted for all my classes so if i dont get in idk what ima do. Anyways, for the most part i spent my summer hanging out with friends and chilling at home. Im still in lazy mode and just want to keep doing that. However, it doesnt really make me that happy because i end up regretting wasting my day doing nothing. So i want to start being more productive and stop procrastinating. Like waking up early to work out. Doing my homework on time. getting a damn job. I have to do good in school because i already failed classes because of this procrastination problem. The thing is i almost always say this before every semester and they usually end up the same. With nothing accomplished. I want it to change this year. Im about to be 21 and i cant be living at home just mooching off my mom. I feel like im disappointing her by not doing anything. Sure im going to school but its not like i do very well. Ive been feeling like a failure and i hate it. I just want to change a little. I keep going around this idea, but i dont really know where to start. So thats why im here. Im hoping if i could get some tips and advice on how to start and keep it up. Not just for a week. Thanks in advance!

2. Sarah1

Sarah1 Guest

Sounds like you have the right attitude to start! At least you are motivated to try !

3. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you sound really motivated and ready to go so that is about 50% of it :grin:
    I would advice you to start scheduling your days with regards to work and stuff as it will give you a clear idea of how much time you can spend taking breakes. A good idea is to work for a hour before you take maybe a 10 min break and then back to work, use a timer if you have to. This will ensure that your brain gets to breathe properly so that it is ready to take in more knowledge.

Above all make sure that you don't spend all of your energy straight away, kind of like wanting to run a marathon and starting with a sprint. This can be very demotivating and you might end up with a depression because of not doing anything but school.

Best of luck :slight_smile: