1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anger management

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by etiggy, Aug 27, 2013.

1. etiggy

In the middle of moving to London.That's the plan.
    Sometimes I get so angry of people, the stupidity and ignorance that they so proudly pose and mask as rules and ethics and when anybody dares to question they just go and go about it as it's their perogative to have an opinion and blah blah blah. The most infuriating thing about this is the way I know they couldn't and wouldn't ever want to understand how out of the line and limited they are. Yet, at the end I am the one who could not fit into society. I am the one misbehaving. As I get older it gets harder and harder to manage these feelings and not blow up from time to time when somebody sais something stupid. Even this post is I guess just a far cry, I don't expect any reply, I just needed to vent. God, I hate to be alive sometimes. :eusa_doh:

2. Stephany

Don't hate. Hate is poison to you, your well-being, who you are, especially when that hate has no productive way out. It's an old saying, but how people feel about you is their problem, not yours. Life can suck, it's hard and being different makes it even harder. Try not to judge other peoples journey's even if they judge yours. Easier said than done, right? What I do when I get really hurt/angry at the injustice and hate thrown my way is to close my eyes and say thank you in my mind for something/someone good in my life. It leads my thoughts on them/it and focuses good energy vs. bad. Don't hate being alive. Life is a gift... yes, sometimes its a gift that you'd love to return at the nearest store or donate to the closest charity... but it is the life you are given... it's up to you on how you live it.. with love or hate?

3. Anomie

Anomie Guest

While at work yesterday I was talking to a 74 year old man and he started getting into politics and then of course the first thing he railed against was "homosexual marriage" and that he's too old to feel different because that's how he was raised. The fact he knows how hewas raised and identifies it means he's not totally ignorant and its almost worse because he is aware that he has prejudice and I just had to walk away. It seems like that is one of the first things people bring up here in the south and that they are so hateful it gets me fired up too. It'll take a few generations of voters but things will change but I'm sure the hate will just be under the surface or erupt even more.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Serenity for things you can't change, courage to change what you can, and the wisdom to know the difference. :slight_smile:

People can be pretty horrible. But you can either let it destroy you, or you can roll with it. Neither choice ends with people suddenly seeing the light and improving as a species. So help where you can and (I mean this ambiguously as it also applies to atheists) let God sort out the rest.