1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would like some advice about school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by monotone, Aug 28, 2013.

1. monotone

So I've been worrying about the results of a quiz I had, and I've been wondering if I should send my professor an email to ask.

However, I already sent two emails to him last week (about administrative stuff), and I'm really worried that I'll seem annoying/crazy if I keep on sending him emails about stuff that might not be seen as important.

The problem here is that either option causes me about the same amount of (strong) worry, which, coupled with start-of-semester anxieties, makes me a nervous wreck. I have a blend of GAD and OCD.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the professors there are anything like American professors, answering student emails is a significant part of their job. Even if he gets annoyed by your repeated messages, you have valid questions that he has answers to, so it isn't crazy to ask. :slight_smile:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm assuming your prof posts the results of the quiz online, or hands them back out, the day he has them graded. He presumably won't sit on the results for days, would he?

Lex

4. monotone

He isn't returning the quizzes.

5. CuriousFrosty21

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Most teachers/professors do post grades online but if yours isnt returning your quiz or posting your grade online for you to see, i would suggest meeting with the teacher before/after class and discuss tht you wish to find out how you did on your quiz/test/assignment. Teachers are right when saying 'its the students responsibility to keep up with all their assignments' and tht entitles of course a hidden permission to go a head and ask.

its part of their job to help the student in any way they can. after all we are paying for their time in college :grin: so by asking him/her about grades, i dnt see it as being 'annoying'

your jus trying to find out where you stand with your grades and in the class :grin:

6. Emulator

You could always try, or find out from other sources available. Asking him in person could help too. If you really can't, push it aside - try not to think about it. The attitude of the professors really depends though.

-Emulator