1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can lust cause extreme jealousy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by memyself, Aug 28, 2013.

1. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, here's a hypothetical question...
    If you lust for someone, you have no romantic interest, just sexual fantasies about a person, will you get jealous of that person?
    Of course you would get a general amount of jealousy, like, "oh darn, I wanted to sleep with that person..."
    The kind of jealousy I'm talking about is extreme rage and anger along with the jealousy. Feeling like you've been betrayed? Feeling like you want to scream and break things?
    Can just lust alone cause this? I would think that if it's just a sexual fantasy and nothing else, it would be the equivalent to "oh my friend just won $1000. I wish I could win $1000."
    Anyone else have experience with feelings like this?

oh, and one other thing... How do you stop thinking sexually about someone who you shouldn't be sexually thinking about?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't see why not. I've seen people get exceptionally pissed and jealous at celebrities who start dating somebody attractive, or who get a positive write-up, or whatever else...and I'm guessing those people aren't romantically interested in them. :slight_smile:

That said, I'd definitely work on getting a grip on this stuff. Your wants will always outstrip the supply, leaving most of them unfulfilled. A huge party of maturity is getting a grip on your emotions, so you control them rather than vice-versa.

How do you stop thinking sexually about someone you shouldn't be thinking sexually about? First off, come to grips with the fact that you can, for the most part, control the thought process. If you find yourself drifting in that direction, yank on the reins and pull the thoughts in another direction. Feel free to make the fantasy unpleasant - mentally pour raw sewage on the person or something. :slight_smile: Secondly, find somebody you CAN fantasize about. Even make one up, with some of the qualities of the person you find appealing, but changing others so it's "somebody different". Somebody hotter, and somebody you CAN lust after. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, this is pretty helpful :slight_smile: