1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It rains...and it pours...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by catboy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. catboy

Hey everyone...it has been forever since I was last on EC. I am a Full Member now! :grin: But that is not what this is about. For some reason my life went from average difficulty to extreme in a month. It all started when my cousin got married to the girl of his dreams. That was the beginning of as I call it 'the Season of Love'. Now my whole family is crazy about love and marriage. They are all strict Christians and very anti-gay. They talk about LGBT rights undermining America and other awful things. Only one person in my family knows I am gay, my sister. She accepts me and promises to love me forever, but she found the man of her dreams and is never around to talk to. On top of all this my boyfriend just left me for a girl...I am so confused and lonely. I don't know what to do and don't see a real positive future.

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Aww, I'm sorry you have so many problems raining and pouring down on you right now...but, if you'd like, we can share an umbrella! (*hug*)

It's gotta be rough for you to have to so many issues and nobody to talk to about them, with your sister being away and your boyfriend leaving you.

But, you are still so young, only 15...do not despair, eventually the rains will stop and the sun will come out again. You have so much of your life ahead of you and plenty of time for things to work out and get better. Don't ever think that things are hopeless, there is a bright future ahead, you just have to put up with a lot of darkness to get there.

In the meantime, take advantage of the internet to find people to talk to, about things you can't talk about in real life. People who can relate to you as a gay guy. Don't let yourself feel isolated and alone, you are not, you have us here if you ever need someone to talk to! :slight_smile:

3. catboy

Thanks for you encouragement it really helped!

4. Anomie

Anomie Guest

I know it sucks and im sorry you dont have your sister near. Parents are always a bit tricky, but in the end you have to love you and mean it. when you do the world will love you back and there will be lots of boys and lots of sunny days. Everything needs a little water to grow.