1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 8 years old niece doesnt want to do homework

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Straight ally, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    She actually does it every day, but it takes easily 3 hours or 4 (today actually 5) of discussing, threatening, anger, crying before getting them done. Today the problem was worst because she lied, she said she didnt have any homework, yet she had.

Im not her father, but my sister is a single mom and lives at my parents house and i do too. And i cannot just disconnect myself from the situation and i dont think i should disconnect entirely.

But this is getting crazy, my niece could easily do her homeworks in less than an hour if she doesnt get distracted and if she actually does it without fighting. How we make her do it how she should be doing it, no drama, no wasted energy?

This situation is frustrating, because we the adults can see how she is the one making things worst, but she doesnt understand, and after a few hours of fighting she gets more difficult because she says she doesnt have any time to rest in the day, but she would have bunch of hours to rest if she just did her homework from the beginning without fighting.

Please, help, suggerences, ideas, views...:help: its getting on mmy nerve, the semester begins today and my shcedule will be pretty busy so i wont be able to help.. Her mother is going to be mostly alone at this.

Oh, and she is pretty defiant and hard headed... We have not enought control over her.

:help: :help:

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It could be too much control; and maybe she has trouble, do you think that she has an issue; is she doing good in school? Does she get good grades? The fighting could be because she has trouble in terms of answering the questions, they could be even be anything.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You probably need to get mom, and any other adults in the house on board with this, but when I was growing up, there was a rule - No TV/Friends/Games... until the homework was done.