1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes, life sucks...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by shamrockmut93, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Today, my car crapped out on me without warning and I had to walk several miles back home in this ridiculous heat. Last night, I was hanging out with my friends when they all decided to abandon me and go to the bar. They literally were like "hell yeah let's all go! Except for you, shamrock, because you don't have a fake". Seriously? I couldn't believe it, these are my best friends. Thankfully they all got rejected. Serves them right, bastards. I don't even feel like I can be myself around them, they're not exactly comfortable with the idea of homosexuality. This just isn't going as well as I had hoped it would... I want to go out and make better friends but I just don't know how. I obviously can't go out, and our LGBT club is apparently really small. I did try to go to a meeting but I guess it was cancelled... there's literally no info about it, it may as well not exist. I just feel so stuck in shit right now, like there's no where for me to go.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A steampunk fan page on facebook had this suggestion for meeting people. You know how the "tradition" exists of seeing someone you like in a bar and buying them a drink? Well, do the same thing in bookstores. Cute guy curled up in a corner with a book he clearly really likes but might not buy for himself? Chat him up a little and buy it for him. I know if somebody did that for me I'd be instantly charmed. Even if you're not looking for romance and just a friend, it'll show that you have a common interest, not to mention that people in bookstores will probably trend smarter and more educated than people in bars. :wink:

Sometimes life sucks, but it's up to you to turn it around. IDK what to tell you about cars, but having a teammate to rely on makes everything a lot more tolerable.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like RSwordsman's idea - or rather, the facebook page's idea. If you don't get the impression they'd be comfortable with it, then maybe not, but if someone who was even marginally attractive did that for me while I was single, I might not be single much longer!

My short response would be - why can't you go out? And why does the lgbt club being small mean you can't meet people there?

From the sound of this post, at least, it seems like your friends are giving you a lot of "negative energy" - they're not really being a positive influence on your life and your feelings. If that's the case, it may be time to meet some new people. It may take some time, and there may be some cancelled meetings or events along the way. But if you keep trying, you're bound to meet a friend or two eventually.

In the mean time - yes, sometimes there are days that suck. And car trouble never helps. :slight_smile: Give yourself permission to take a night off - grab a book or movie you've been wanting to read/see, or a game you've been wanting to play, your favorite drink/snack, and have some "you" time.

4. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. The bookstore scenario sounds kind of cute, but the bookstores around where I am mainly attract hippies and pot heads lol but I'll keep that in mind. And by "I can't go out" I meant that I can't go to the bar because I'm only 20. Other than that there's not much else to do around here...