1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

everything seams meaningless...major depression?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SilverGirl, Sep 1, 2013.

1. SilverGirl

hello all, there is something wrong with me, its not trans related, i just started having this apathy to everything, it just feels like i dont care about anything anymore, and that i get almost no pleasure from anything anymore, im not caring about my future, to look for a job, to start working and earn money, or even caring whether i want transition or not

i dont know, ive always been isolated since puberty and i think these last months have been so stressing that im just having some sort of major depression or something, and im starting to have bad thoughts constantly (ill let you guess what these bad thoughts are), i dont even feel like eating anything (i think i havent eaten anything for 15 hours or something)

please can someone help me figure out what is going on? i want to get better but i dont know how, i am very confused :icon_sad:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything is meaningless because it seems your focus was on jobs and money. Problem is, usually those two things are means to an end. They allow you to do what you want with life. A career that makes money is great, but a career that lets you live how you want to live? Awesome.

I've struggled with finding meaning in life before too. But I had to make a conscious effort not to discover meaning, but to create it. Find something that gets your blood pumping and immerse yourself in its pursuit. That includes not only jobs and hobbies but family as well; some people live for their significant other and/or kids. If all else fails, the achievement of knowing you make a difference in your chosen field is enough to make anyone feel worthwhile.