1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move back in with parents wise???

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by coreyl13, Sep 1, 2013.

1. coreyl13

I'm 23 I live on my own my rent is 800/mo but the place I'm living in will be paid off in 1.5yrs then it'll be 400/mo. In the meantime I need a new roof, carpet, paint, master bath remodel. It'll be about 7-10k in upgrades. Its a modular home so the value won't really increase.

I'm kinda maxed out as far as my bills go I just get by. My dad has offered to build a room in their basement and I rent it for about 200/mo so I can save up for a house/school.

I have a roomate right now we used to be good friends but we don't get along all to well now.
    My biggest issue is if I find somebody to date I have to be like I live in my parents basement. :confused:

Is this a wise move? All opinions welcome please.

2. starfish

So I take it you don't own the place you are currently living?

3. Diego89

Well, I'm 24, done with university and still live with my mother, but then most of us latin americans tend to move out of our parents place way later than you north americans, some wait til getting married.

Of course everybody would like to become independent and get his own place, I certainly would, but nowadays has became harder to do it. And in your case I would certainly prefer to live with my parents and have the chance to get a degree or wtv you are planning instead of living on my own but struggling with bills. It is just a matter of time anyway.

Perhaps it will be harder for you to get back there once you've tasted complete freedom but its not like you'll be going back to be your parent's kid, you'll just be sharing a place with them. And about dating I don't think it's that big of a deal, I'm sure most guys would understand, maybe will even be in the same situation as you, and alas you will be living in the basement, that will give you some privacy.

#3 Diego89, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  4. coreyl13

My parents own the place I'm living in but it won't be paid off for 2 years they have a couple who's I terested in moving In if I move.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it isn't FUN but there are worse options...plus if you can afford rent at the moment there's nothing stopping you living at home for a bit and then using the time to find somewhere else...

6. monotone

Do your parents know you're gay?

If they do it would be a good option, I think.

7. coreyl13

They do know I'm gay and they use to nag about wanting grandchildren now its when are you going to get a boyfriend? They're very very supportive and always openly talked about. <3