1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schools a B*tch

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Annon, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I am meant to start school on Wednesday (4th Sept), but the school still haven't told me if I can take the courses I have picked.
    What should I do? I dont know what the next port of call is. And I'm starting in two days so I am starting to really worry :bang:

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 16 you're looking at sixth form right? They usually spend the first couple days just letting you know where things are. If you really start to worry you could try calling them tomorrow or just asking when you turn up on wednesday.

3. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I did the last 5 years at this school. But thanks for the reassurance. I'm just worried I will turn up and them say, actually we dont want you, as I havent been confirmed yet, and I start in the morning. :/

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, just march in there and see what happens. If they haven't got you down and you did everything right on your end at least you have grounds for one hell of a complaint!

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Tell me about it, that's one of the reasons I decided not to go to sixth form actually. It's complete bullshit, we should know way in advance if we have a slot or not, so we can see what we need to revise before lessons start. Personally, I decided not to go and am just going to get an apprenticeship instead, but if you are sure you want to go sixth form then I'd suggest you revise the material for what you wish to cover in case you can get them, you wouldn't want to start and not have covered the required material because you weren't sure if you got in or not.

It'll suck, but if you don't get all the courses you want, you can then at least just do a little bit of revision for any new ones you take.