1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for closeted gay men

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by pgame311, Sep 2, 2013.

1. pgame311

pgame311 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So for some quick background, I used to be really overweight and never really thought twice about my appearance. In many ways, I never really explored my sexuality because I never thought anyone would want to have any kind of physical relationship with me. While I'm still in the closet, I recently shed a lot of weight and revamped my entire wardrobe. Girls have started coming up to me, including some I would normally consider "out of my league." But here's the thing: we're not playing the same game (usually). Since I never really dated, I've come to terms with my sexuality (gay, with the occasional female crush--4 or 5 on the Kinsey scale) without ever really experimenting. At this point in my life, I don't really want to get involved with a woman unless I was 100% sure I could commit myself to her.

Now, my real question is for the guys who weren't like me and have been/are currently in relationships with women. There are friends and acquaintances I've made that are or have been in physical relationships with women and are without a doubt homosexual. I guess I don't get how that works. Now obviously I know bisexuality exists, but what about those of you who sit on the higher side of the Kinsey scale. I get why you may not come out, trust me... But how do you keep it up (metaphorically and literally)?

Sorry if this is offensive, I'm just curious.