1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high voice because of psychlogical reason? HELP!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jacki, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jacki

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    HI!
    I have to take speech therapie, because I have a very high pitch voice. now they found out, that its because of phsycological reasons: I had to speech while I was deaf (listened to loud music with earphones), and I spoke much deeper and better than without them.
    Now I should talk with them about my childhood and stuff... And the bad thing is, that there are some things happened in the past, which really could have caused this speeching problems... (mobbing for example) but I defenetly DONT want to talk about this stuff with 'em.
    Would you suggest to quit the therapie or should I keep doing it, in hope that it will get better?
    Im really a person who REALLY have to TRUST in the other person to speak honest, and I just dont think that thats the case at the speech thereapie, you know?
    And some other thing: I noticed that I often lie to myself ("I dont care about that or this.." or "this isnt so bad" and so on..). Thats bad, right? And I often be mean to myself

(e.g. "you wont get it, you're too stupid for that" or "you dont have to be proud of getting an A in the physics test, because in the last year you was terrible at physics" (that one is real happened))

Do you have any advice for me? Maybe should I go to a real psychologists?
    bye,
    Jackie

2. srslywtf

mostly sounds pretty normal to me :slight_smile: Alot of people go through self-doubt/realising they aren't being true to their own desires/etc..

I would say trust is important. If you can't trust them maybe try to find someone else you can? How well do you know them? Maybe if you try to get to know them, you'll see they are more trustworthy than you thought originally. Maybe try sharing more with them about different things in your life, and see whether they treat you with trust and respect about those things you mentioned. Test them to see how it goes.

I would recommend seeing a psychologist, simply because you are realising things about yourself that you want to be better, and they can help you untangle what's really going on, and what the best way to deal with it is. When I first went to a psychologist I didn't know what was wrong, just that I wanted to be more than I was. They very quickly diagnosed me and I felt great just knowing that what I had was a known disorder, not just something wrong with me personally.