1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair removal

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BookDragon, Sep 5, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been smoothing myself out all over and I've hit a couple of snags.

Firstly, shaving my back is hard as hell!

Second, with my face at least, I get less than like 8 hours before it's starting to show (so I could never go out as Holly even if I wanted to!)

Third, how the heck do you remove hair from around the nipple without removing the nipple!

Fourth, I've never used wax strips or creams so i'm not sure if they are worth the investment!

Fifth, I've been told if you want to make your eyebrows less big, DO NOT shave them, so what do I do with 'em?

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

2. tryhtwfr

1) Go to a Salon.
    2) Use a hair inhibitor.
    3) Again, a salon would be best.
    4) They are if you wax yourself properly.
    5) I tweezed mine :slight_smile:

3. Bryar Thorne

I'd recommend having your back waxed possibly.. It will likely be painful the first few times but it helps the hair grow back less and less over time so that might suit what you want :slight_smile:

do you happen to use shaving cream? you could always try to look for one that has hair minimizing properties :slight_smile: I know some women's creams do that and smells really nice too ^_^

You could always cut them shorter if they are long and try to tweeze them.. That's what an ex of mine used to do.. Again.. if you're not careful, it might hurt a bit but it's pretty quick if you just pull it out like you would take off a bandaid xD

Definitely worth it, but make sure that you check for where you can put it first.. Some are more specifically okay for certain places than others.. I'd also recommend trying to get it at a specialty store rather than just a drug store.. I say this because I've found the drug store ones are a pain to keep melted and ripped off your skin hurts a lot more than it needs to xD

Tweeze them! :slight_smile: Those people I mentioned with youtube videos to you earlier have some brow tutorials too :slight_smile:

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look's like I'm going shopping tomorrow...

I was afraid y'all would say get waxes properly! I can't just walk into a place and be like do this! For reasons I cannot begin to imagine...that is definitely a thing I should be able to do...

5. Bryar Thorne

well, I suggested back waxing properly because I think that's kind of normal honestly for guys. I may be wrong but I know a few guys who do it so I figure they get that a lot and it could be an easier place to start. :slight_smile:

That and it's hard as heck to see your back.. and put the wax on.. AND get the strips to do the right thing.. xD Or at least I would THINK that'd be difficult.. Practice makes perfect though and learning on your own could prove useful :grin:

so jealous.. I actually want to go shopping with you now.. you can give me guy advice and I can give you girl advice! xD

6. UIOP

Have you thought about getting laser hair removal or electrolysis at all? They can be used to permanently (or long-term anyway) reduce hair growth but are very costly and, of course, come with their risks too. Waxing could be a good way to go for your back. Watch out for hair removal creams though - they can be very good but check online for reviews before spending too much money (some creams might not work as well as others).

For the hairs really close to the nipple, I tend to just wet both my razor blade and the area with lots of water and very gently stroke the blade across the hairs in small strokes (literally just little movements over a couple of hairs at a time, like 5mm or so). If you do this though, be extremely careful not to cut yourself though. Going to a professional salon would probably be safer than trying to do it yourself though.

For eyebrows, it is a good idea to use tweezers to pluck any unwanted hairs out one at a time. These are all the suggestions I can think of, anyway :slight_smile:

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I had my own laser I might consider it! Otherwise it's probably too expensive!

I checked the hair removal creams but the reviews are a pain in the butt. They don't seem remotely helpful because half of them seem to be trolls talking about how it melted their balls off...which it may well have done but it says it really friggin big on the pack!