1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He doesn´t remember...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Boyfriend, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So we had a great weekend at one of my boyfriends´ladyfriends. He met her last year and doesn´t really remember her from then, but she visited him in hospital and kept in touch so they kind of renewed the friendship. At her house he suddenly got a flashback. He helped her paint and he remembered that when he saw his work.

The people from the local surfschool helped me get him on a surfboard (on his belly) and towed him and such and we went on a waterschooter, so we had a really great time. He loves the beach and the ocean.

On sunday we went to the hotel were we met. I hoped it would spark the memory, because it was such a magic moment, but although he got "a good vibe" it didn´t trigger his memory.

Well, we got back monday night and I was still high on the fun we had, but now I just feel sad because he doesn´t remember how we met and the beginning of our relationship (we went to Brazil and Italy and he doesn´t remember that either).
    We´ll make plenty new memories, but nothing is like the true beginning of it all...

Just had to let it out. Sorry guys. I´m usually not this sad.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Boyfriend,

Memory is a funny thing...you mentioned that he got good vibes from the place, he may indeed have an emotional memory without necessarily remembering the details. It's the feeling that counts, it's all that matters.

I feel for you, it must be so frustrating, you alone are keeping hold of the good times, but that's your job now, isn't it? You must now hold and keep forever the burden of remembering for both of you and to remember for him when times are tough; to motivate you still further in your incredibly beautiful love for him.

You have a whole life of memories to create together; it's not the first time, granted, but he is also not the same person, and every day can be like the first time if you choose to see it that way.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Greatwhale... thank you.

Yes, you are right. I just had high hopes that being there would help. Stupid, ofcourse.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't beat yourself up, he felt something, that's what's important! Just focus on now, and live every day like it was your first.

:kiss:

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks again.
    Yes he felt something...I should be happy about that.
    And yes, he enjoys all the "first times", so why shouldn´t I...

It´s just hard sometimes.

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it makes any difference, I hope you know that somewhere in Montreal, there's a guy who thinks about you two very special people out in Nevada and who's hoping that your spirits will lift a little just knowing that you aren't alone!

7. Nick07

Hi,
    I don't know what happened, but it seems that you are doing a lot for your boyfriend and he is very lucky to have you in his life. I can only hope that if anything bad happens to me, there will be someone this caring and supportive.

Memory is a strange thing and it is very possible that over the time he will remember a snippet here a snippet there, and with every little thing it will become easier. *hug*

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nick07, he´s been beaten into a coma in february and is still disabled as a result of the beating. He lost some two years of memory and since we met last year in november, that includes us meeting. And it was love at first sight, so kinda special too.

But what we have is still special and I am grateful that he is in my life.
    I shouldn´t whine about his memories.
    I remember.

9. Nick07

sigh

I am so sorry.

I know a man with the same history. His memory keeps coming back.

It' a good thing that it has't changed his personality. Sometimes it happens unfortunately. I don't mean that the person gets bitter, but the damage of the brain causes different emotional reactions than you were used to from the time before the injury.

Again, I can't stress enough how admirable you are for staying and supporting him. My faith in he young generation boosted up a lot.