1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gay Stoner, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure if this is in the right forum. Anyways I fell asleep after school and when I woke I saw my mom going through my phone with a grimace on her face. So I pretended to be asleep so whenever she went to sleep I got on my phone and she had been on the Internet closed out the empty closet tab and was on my fb. I know she knows I'm gay and she's going to make me talk to her about it and I don't want to at all. I hate my mo
    before this and know I hate her even more. Is there anything I can do because she will make me talk to her. :bang:

2. LILuke

Communication is key. Have you spoken with your mom about your sexuality in the past? Sit down with her and explain to her that yes, you are gay, but that there isn't anything wrong with that and that her support is something that you could really use right now. Hatred and anger aren't going to help, you have to be willing to talk to your mom and make an effort. Hopefully she'll be receptive and accept your sexuality.

3. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have tried to talk to my mom but it always ends up with me bei g pissed the F off and putting another hole in my wall. I seriously think I need to get away from her but I don't know what to do. She even tells me her main go is to make my life a living hell. I have contemplated suicide before because I just can't take Ll this shit that everybody gives me. I have cut my self before and no body knows about the suicidal thoughts or cutting. My mom gets mad at me for getting a 89 in school or doing what she tells me to do. I get in trouble for not helping her when she doesn't ask for help and I don't know she needs help. My walls need a couple thousand dollars worth of repairs to them. She blames everything on me. Everything's my fault apperetly I must do it in my sleep. If I could I would move out because we both hate her out of all my life I think we have only had 6 months worth of non fighting. It seams I can't do anything right and even if I did it would be wrong. Right now I'm crying because I just want it to stop.

#3 Gay Stoner, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  4. LesbianGirl

I know how you feel. My mother said she had suspicions when I told her. What I think you should do is just tell the truth, but if you let it show your pissed at her then it will all go downhill. Tell her the truth about your sexuality, but only if your ready. If your not, it's perfectly fine to say that. Say "mom I'm really not ready to talk about it right now. but when I am I'll tell you." Also point out that, if it bothers you (because it bothers me when my mom does), that you want your privacy.
    I hope I helped (*hug*)

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If that statement is in context (meaning, it isn't said sarcastically, and you genuinely think she means it), then you should be talking to the guidance counselor or social worker at your school, because it is indicative that she is not providing appropriate care as your mother, and the guidance counselor can either talk to her about it, or contact Child Protective Services so they can help her understand what's appropriate.

It is probably reasonable for her to be keeping an eye on what you're doing on your phone at your age. Ultimately, she's trying to keep you safe by doing so.

As for your sexual orientation... it's clear that the cat's out of the bag, so the best thing to do is to simply face it. I know that may not sound pleasant, but it's the right decision and the only one that's going to make the situation better. Here again, if you have any problems with her, this is a place to talk with your guidance counselor or social worker at school.

Please keep us in the loop. The fact that she's keeping an eye on what you're doing means at least she cares. A lot of people these days... their moms don't care at all what they do, so, even if you aren't happy about it, you should appreciate the fact that she's doing her best to keep an eye on you and keep you safe.

6. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was not being sarcastic when she told me her main goal was to make my life a living hell. She calls me every cuss word under the sun. I'm lazy for watching tv after school. I have done more work after school than she has done ever. Me and my cousin cleaned and redid a barn without her knowing. Damned a creek looking for craw dads and cooked them. My cousins and me would kill snakes if they got on our way. Sadly he died in may :-( he was my only happiness beside my crush. I don't want to talk to the guidance conspiracy is there somebody else I can talk to that's not school related? I know this last part isn't good but I have thought about murderong her but I would never act on it unless I was under the influence of something besides marijuana. I need help don't I?

7. RainbowScratch

Out Status:
    A few people
    Shit that would suck I would be pretty freaked out if my mom looked through my phone

8. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would also like to say EC is the only place where I can talk about this so thank y'all for creating EC.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I must agree with Chip. If you believe that statement was true, you need to talk to a guidance counselor. And, it's pretty obvious your mom knows at this point, and so, really you should talk to her about it. And, at 13, I'd be more concerned if your mom wasn't checking up on you. Although this site is set up in a way to keep you safe, there are plenty of other places on the net that don't have such precautions.

Note that generally counselors are required to keep things confidential unless you allow them to share information, or it is something they are required to report. Usually the things they are required to report are limited to child abuse and suicidal thoughts, though this can vary from area to area.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2013 at 10:19 PM ----------

I just saw your comment about not being comfortable with your counselor. Is there another counselor at your school? At 13, it may be difficult to access other mental health resources without your parents involvement.... I'm guessing you are in Jr. High, based on your age. Is your school on the same campus as another school, such as a High School? If so, if you ask in the office, you might be able to get a hall pass to go and talk to a counselor over there on your lunch hour...

#9 confuzzled82, Sep 5, 2013
  10. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have also thought about running away for her I just hate her and my life because they both suck my mom takes her anger out on me of physically but verbally I have even thought there are people in the house. Ghosts after me people after me. Man how fuked up do I sound. After writing all this I need help but I don't know how to get it.

I just don't feel comfortable talking to somebody at school which sucks because the only other people are therapists and doctors and my mom works at the hospital :-(

#10 Gay Stoner, Sep 5, 2013
  11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One other thought, if you aren't comfortable talking to the counselors at all, does your local police department have a resource officer at your school? They won't have the confidentiality requirements that a counselor would have, but they are there primarily to help the students. They might be able to point you to another place to get the help you need. An advantage of talking to them would be they are familiar with the services available in your area.

12. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The highschool is just up the hill from jr high but I'm pretty sure your not allowed to leave during school and we only have 20 mins to eat lunch such isn't enough time.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2013 at 10:26 PM ----------

The highschool is just up the hill from jr high but I'm pretty sure your not allowed to leave during school and we only have 20 mins to eat lunch such isn't enough time.

We have a resource officer but he goes to different schools so he may be here for a hour or so a d I'm not sure where I would find him.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2013 at 10:26 PM ----------

We have a resource officer but he goes to different schools so he may be here for a hour or so a d I'm not sure where I would find him.

13. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Running away isn't an option. An enormously high percentage of teens who run away (and aren't sent right back home) end up on the street, addicted to drugs, or involved in prostitution or sex trafficking/slavery.

If you don't want to talk to your guidance counselor, you can call your local Child Protective Services office yourself, but it will be taken more seriously if you have your guidance counselor or someone else at your school call on your behalf. That's your best bet.

14. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does anyone know who to ask where the guidance counsors office is?

15. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best option would be to check with the office at your school. Most schools the rule is no leaving the school WITHOUT PERMISSION during school hours. Talking to a counselor is something they are more likely to give permission for. The main office would generally know when and how you could find the resource officer. Since you said the resource officer goes to different schools, and isn't around too long, I presume this is a smaller school. This can be somewhat of a benefit and a drawback. As a smaller school, their individual resources may be somewhat limited, however many times, smaller schools will work together, and have programs that students from one participating school may engage in at another school. This is done for the benefit of all the students, and allows the schools to collectively provide a better experience, and better service to the students. You might be able to reach out to a resource at another of those schools. These services are frequently arranged by a school district, or group of school districts. In Michigan, these groups of school districts are called an Intermediate School District, and they generally follow county lines (not an exact match to the county lines, as the school districts here may cross county lines).

If you are still insistent about not going through resources at school, you can try looking in your local phone book's white pages, government section for your local mental health authority. It's exact name may vary, and it might be a part of the health department. If you call them, they MIGHT be able to guide you to local resources that can help you. They might not be able to do too much without parental involvement, though due to your age.

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2013 at 10:49 PM ----------

Check with your school's main office. From other posts you've made in this thread, the counselor might not be full time in your school, and they would be able to tell you the schedule of when and where to see him or her.

16. rjrh20

Both of my parents asked and eventually I just told, I've been a lot happier, if she doesn't except it just go talk to so,eons. We are here for you so don't worry.

17. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I'm going to try to talk to my guidance conselor at school tomorrow. Since I will most likely be telling her about my suicidal thoughts would she have to inform my mom or if i ask can she tell like a doctor of some sort?

It's not that my mom won't accept me but I don't want her knowing she's never been there for anything else in my life so why should I tell her and I just don't want any of my family knowing because my mom gossips to people. So I'm probay going to be outed by her if I tell her I'm gay.

#17 Gay Stoner, Sep 5, 2013
  18. rjrh20

If u ask them not to tell sometimes they don't but it just depends. You could say you no longer have those thoughts and they might not tell. It just depends though. Good luck!!!

19. Gay Stoner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have also started making myself pass out just to get away for a few minutes. I know I'm fuked up I just hope it's fixable.

20. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's very fixable. You're asking for help, and realizing there's a problem, and that's an important first step. You'll also need to (eventually) get off the weed, but I realize that right now, you're self-medicating for what sounds like a pretty unpleasant home life.

I would not focus on calling random mental health agencies, or even the school resource officer. Your best bet, with the best resources, is going to be the school guidance counselor. If s/he is competent and well trained, s/he will bring in the school psychologist or social worker to talk to you as well.

Most likely, your mother will need to be informed, but if she's being informed by mental health professionals at your school... she's a lot more likely to take it seriously and listen to them. You might ask them to also prepare some materials for your mom on PFLAG and explain what it is so that she can learn about resources available to better understand what you're experiencing.

Everything you're doing is the best coping strategy you've found to deal with the difficulties. Now that you are reaching out, you'll be able to get help from people better qualified than your mom to ensure you get what you need.

If you don't get good help from your guidance counselor, let us know (you can PM me or any of the admin team) and there are other steps we can take, but you need to start the ball rolling first with your guidance counselor.

Please let us know how it goes.